Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
No. of Opportunity 40
Fields of study Business And Entrepreneurship
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Duration 18 Months
Language of Instruction English
The application for Halcyon Incubator Fellowship is now open. This is a fellowship for early-stage social entrepreneurs to help them to transform audacious ideas into scalable and sustainable businesses. Moreover, the Halcyon Incubator is committed to solving 21st-century problems throughout the nation and the world by acting as a catalyst for measurable social results. The Halcyon Incubator is an intense, demanding, once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for Fellows and their social enterprises. So, if you yourself are or know another entrepreneur, nominate h/her for this.
With this program, you will enjoy creativity through an environment of freedom, access, teamwork, and support.
Application deadline: April 9th at 11:59 pm ET.
Location: Washington, USA
Duration: 18 months
Start time: September 2021
Target applicants: Social Entrepreneurs and Venture Owners
Number of finalists: 40
During this 18-month fellowship, a diverse class of fellows receives free residency and workspace, mentorship and leadership coaching, significant support from business consultants, and a living allowance to develop their entrepreneurial vision into reality.
In particular, fellows will enjoy:
- Five months of free accommodation at Halcyon center in Washington;
- Eighteen months of free workspace at Halcyon, followed by affordable co-working options at Halcyon Arts Lab;
- Joints meeting spaces including formal board rooms and creative spaces;
- Additional meeting spaces, performance spaces, and free parking at Halcyon Arts Lab;
- Makerspace access at the Georgetown University Maker Hub; and
- Financially, a $10,000 stipend for living expenses during the residency phase.
Format of the fellowship
Fellows engage in the program in two major phases:
- Residency (5 months): Fellows reside and work at the Halcyon Incubator with total access to specialized guidance. The Fellows participate in core programming that includes family breakfast, pitch sessions, skill series, health series, advisor office hours, and more.
- Post-Residency (13 months): Fellows continue to work at the Halcyon Incubator while having free access to all resources to further build their networks, acquire funding, and grow their venture.
To be eligible for the Halcyon Incubator, applicants must meet the criteria below:
- The CEO or major decision-maker for the venture’s development and management
- Able to commit to full-time participation in the work on the venture during the five-month residency phase (Sept 2021-Jan 2022)
- Able to delay any undergraduate or graduate course work during the residency phase
- Already live or wor in the U.S. or be able to get a visa for the residency phase
- Be fluent in English
- And, at least 21 years old by the commencement of the program
To qualify for the Halcyon Incubator, your venture must be:
- A unique idea of the applicant(s)
- In startup idea, MVP, or pilot phase
- less than $500,000 in annual revenue
- An independent venture that is not under the direction of a currently working organization
- Must have plans for a sustainable business model to produce revenue by selling a core product or service
- Can be a for-profit, hybrid, or undecided venture, as far as the key mission is to create measurable social change
- Cannot be a 501(c)(3) non-profit venture
- Could apply with up to two Co-Founders who fulfill the above eligibility requirements
Similar opportunities you may like:
- USF International Fellowships for Early and mid-Career Urban Scholars from the Global South
- 2021 CUP Fellowship for Change in Design ($40,000 stipend)
- Fully-Funded Fellowship in Amsterdam, the Netherlands for Young Talented Individuals
Halcyon Incubator will judge your applications on the basis of the following criteria:
Halcyon Incubator staff, Fellows, and the Selections Committee will review your application and choose the new Halcyon Incubator Fellows.
Read more about the selection process and criteria here.
How to apply?
If you meet the requirements of the fellowship, you can apply online.
For more information about the fellowship, you can refer to the Halcyon Incubator 2021 Fall Fellowship.
For more queries, please contact Kaitlin Capobianco, Halcyon’s Fellow Community and Recruitment Manager at [email protected]