Language Requirement TOEFLIELTS
No. of Opportunity 15
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Hakuho Japanese Research Fellowship aims to support and lead international researchers to engage with a deep understanding of Japan language, culture, education, and literature. the fellowship provides financial support for each fellow during the long and short term research in Japan.
Details of the research Fellowship:
Deadline: 30 October 2020
- Long-term : September 1, 2021 ‒ August 31, 2022 (tentative)
- Short-term : September 1, 2021 ‒ February 28, 2022 (Round 1), or March 1 ‒ August 31, 2022 (Round 2) (tentative)
Number of the fellowships: 15
The fellowship provides full support to selected applicants including the following:
- Traveling expenses
- Living and research costs: 350000 Yen per months
- The extra cost for housing and research also will be covered: up to 150000 Yen per months
- Relocation allowance: 350000 Yen
- International travelers’ illness and injury insurance
Fellows can do the research in the following areas:
- Japanese Language
- Japanese language education
- Japanese literature
- Japanese culture
Applicants with the following criteria can apply:
- Applicants must have a Ph.D. degree (including degree must be granted on or before 31 December 2020), or similar level or research and education background.
- Applicants with higher degrees or research institutions (like postdoctoral scholars, adjunct professors, and part-time lecturers).
- Must be proficient in the Japanese language for researching in Japanese
- Must be able to stay in Japan for fellowship period.
- Applicants must be in a good state of physical and mental health.
The fellows will conduct their research with the cooperation of one of the following organization:
- International Research Center for Japanese Studies
- The Japan Foundation Japanese-Language Institute, Urawa
- Kyoto University
- National Institute for Japanese Language and Linguistics
- Ochanomizu University
- Ritsumeikan University
- Tokyo University of Foreign Studies
- Waseda University
- Online application form
- Recommendation letter with Japanese translation and must be written by the head of the organization you belong to. The recommendation letter must be in PDF format with the handwritten and name of the recommender.
- Permission letter from the current organization
How to apply:
- Applicants are required to request permission from the current organization.
- Fill the online application form
- Apply online