Opportunity ID 147930
Language Requirement TOEFLIELTSNot Required
Fields of study Different
Opportunity Type : Partially Funded
Duration 2-3 years
Language of Instruction English
About the scholarship
Applications are now open for the 2021 Griffith University International Postgraduate Research Scholarships in Australia. The postgraduate research scholarships are open to applications during the university’s annual Ph.D. and research degree scholarship application period. This scholarship is aimed at supporting international students of outstanding research strength to undertake a higher degree by research program (HDR) at the university.
Application deadline: New students can apply for the continuous scholarship round at any time (see below for dates).
Host University: Griffith University
Doctoral degree: up to 3 years
Master degree: up to 2 years
Study level: Postgraduate (master and Ph.D.)
The scholarship covers:
- Applicant’s tuition fees for research degrees
- Overseas Students’ healthcare costs and any family member(s) during the scholarship.
- Student Services and Amenities Fee
The Griffith University postgraduate research scholarship is available to:
- International students who intend to commence or enrolled in the Higher Degree by Research (HDR) program under the support of GUIPRS.
- International students who are not in possession of another equivalent award or scholarship from the Commonwealth Government intended to support an HDR program tuition fees.
- Applicants must have a strong academic background and research capacity as demonstrated by the application documents.
- Candidates need to meet the English language proficiency criteria of the programs.
- Candidates need to hold a visa for the duration of their program plus an additional 8 months for thesis completion.
Successful students will be identified in view of their academic excellence, research potential and the quality of the research training environment where the research project will be conducted.
How to apply?
New applicants can apply for an HDR Program online by following the application steps at the link below.
You need to choose a research program, find the relevant scholarship, find a supervisor, develop a research proposal, prepare other supporting documents and finally submit your application online.
Current university research students can follow a different application procedure and apply HERE.
Applicants should submit their application four months prior to their preferred intake date.
Below are the intake dates:
Trimester 1, 2021 (closed)
- 27 April 2021: Higher Degree by Research Intake 2 (Ph.D. and MPhil programs)
Trimester 2, 2021 (Open)
- 12 July 2021: Higher Degree by Research Intake 3 (Ph.D. and MPhil programs)
- 19 July 2021: Trimester start date for programs that include coursework
- 11 October 2021: Higher Degree by Research Intake 4 (Ph.D. and MPhil programs)
Visit the Website of Griffith University to get more information and read the conditions plus guidelines for the award of the scholarships.