Language Requirement Not Required
Fields of study Any
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Duration 1 To 4 Years
Language of Instruction English
Opportunity ID 9754
Applications are now open for Government of Ireland Postgraduate scholarships. The Government of Ireland offers Postgraduate Scholarships to outstanding students to conduct their own research in their chosen area of interest. It is a unique national initiative in the Irish research landscape that opens other channels for funded postgraduate education in the Irish eco-system. The scholarship program is managed by the Irish Research Council.
Proposals that address new and emerging fields of research or those introducing creative, innovative approaches and proposals that advance fundamental understanding is achieved by integrating information, techniques, tools and perspectives from two or more disciplines are welcomed.
Details of Ireland Scholarship
- Application Start: Sept 8, 2022
- Application closing date: 20 October 2022 (16:00 Irish Time)
- Supervisor and referee deadline: October 27, 2022
- Research office endorsement deadline: November 3, 2022
- Result: End of March 2023
- Award Start Date: September 1, 2023
- Location: Ireland
- Levels of study: Masters & PhD
- Type of program: research
- Discipline: Any
The Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Program is distinct from other funding options for postgraduate study in Ireland and works in conjunction with them. Its features include:
- Individual, renowned honors in the applicant’s name for outstanding research;
- A selection procedure that is impartial and uses international, impartial expert peer review;
- Funding for all academic fields, from zoology to archaeology;
- Awards for non-directed, bottom-up research, excluding those supported by our strategic funding partners.
Duration of scholarship:
- Research master degree: 1 year
- Structured research master degree: 2 years
- Traditional doctoral degree: 3 years
- Structured doctoral degree: 4 year
Benefits of Scholarship:
Selected candidates will receive:
- Annual stipend of 18,500 Euros
- Tuition fee contribution (max 5,750 Euro/year)
- 3,250 Euro per year for Direct Research Expenses
All applicants for these scholarships should meet the following requirements:
- It is open to applicants from both European Union and Non-EU member states.
- Have a first calls/upper second class honors bachelor’s degree or equivalent;
- Must not have had two previous unsuccessful applications to this program, including to its strategic partner’s theme; and
- In the event of applying for a research master’s, must not currently hold, or have
previously held, a Council scholarship.
- Innovative proposals for degrees on offer addressing new and emerging fields of research or those introducing creative approaches are welcomed.
- Interdisciplinary proposals are also recommended as the programs places a great value on integration of several aspects of education/research.
Note: Majority of scholarship will be awarded to those who are nationals of European Union member states and a proportion of scholarship will awarded to those who are not resident or nationals of European Union members.
The Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Program is strongly competitive and an objective selection process using international, independent expert peer review chooses the successful applicants.
Eligible applicants can read the terms and conditions of the scholarship carefully to ensure they meet all the eligibility criteria and then apply online.
You may also like these opportunities:
- (KAIST) Scholarships for Master’s and PhD Studies in South Korea 2023
- Alexander von Humboldt Foundation ‘International Climate Protection Fellowship’ 2023 in Germany
- World Bank Young Professional Program (WBG YPP) IFC & MIGA Placement
- American Philosophy Society’s Daland Fellowships in Clinical Investigation
- Free Online Course on ‘Stress Management-Techniques for Coping with Stress’ by Alison