Opportunity ID 9007
GYA is a global organization and accepts members from all over the world without of the consideration of race, color, ethnicity, religion, creed, sex, marital status, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disabilities, or other factors. Those interested applicants who meet the below requirements can apply for membership of the global young academy.
Deadline: 15 September 2019
Annual general meeting: 8-12 June 2020 in India
- Applicants working in any research-based discipline, including the science, medicine, engineering, social sciences, the art, and humanities.
- Applicants must have a good discipline
- Have a high level of commitment to bring changes in the society
- Have a Ph.D. degree or any equivalent
- Applicants must be able to make a high level of impact for the globe.
- Applicants must show their interest or proof experience in the related area
- Applicant’s age must be between 30-40, (interested applicants without these ranges also can take part only explain why you want to join to this program).
- Applicants are expected to participate in the GYA Annual General Meeting each year.
- Applicants must take part in the organization’s activities like policy development, promotion of national young academia, supporting the science ambassador program.
- The applicant must be available to participate in the next annual general meeting.
- CV, explain the education background, work experience, list of achievement, (Maximum 4 pages).
- Recommendation letter from the national academy or any equivalent. And it’s possible to submit the recommendation letter of your employment in the research institute. Have a look at the instruction of recommendation letter here
- Data protection/ declaration/ signature or applicant.
- Download the document here
How to apply:
- Firstly, prepare the answer to essay questions below:
- Why do you want to join the global young academy? 1500 characters.
- The GYA selects excellent independent researchers, how would you describe your independence as a researcher? 1500 character
- What contribution have you made to advance the status of the sciences/research and/or young researchers and scholars? 1500 character.
- Describe your personal vision for improving the state of the sciences/research and the situation of young scientists/scholars worldwide. 1500 character
- Describe any obstacles you had overcome during your life career, how you overcome them, and what variety of skills you acquired along the way that you think would be of benefit to the GYA 1500 character.
- Describe any experience that you have in interdisciplinary or international research 1500 character.
- Describe if you have been a member of any societies 1200 character
- Please list your three top international publications or equivalent and explain it in a maximum of 80 words.
- Describe how you would contribute to the global young academy, either by contributing to one or more of its existing projects or by briefly describing your idea for a new project. 1500 characters.
- Fill the application form here
For further information, please visit the link