Opportunity ID 10605
Young people from any countries around the globe who are working towards a global paradigm shift, can apply to Young Global Changers program. The program will be held in Berlin, Germany to combine the talents of young people to make a strong voice for change.
As we see a trend in many advanced and emerging economies where economic prosperity is increasingly becoming decoupled from social prosperity and environmental sustainability. A global paradigm change is urgently required to re-couple the economy with social and ecological needs and to reverse the growing global inequality.
Applicants who are sharing the concerns about the current global situation, applicants who are already engaged in an initiative or in a project to make a positive change, those willing to participate in a comprehensive summer school and attend the global solutions summit in Berlin, then apply to the Young Global Changers Program before the deadline.
First round Deadline: December 1, 2019
Second round deadline: January 2020
Location: Berlin, Germany
Program date (Global Solutions Summer School): April 17-22, 2020
The Global Solutions Summit (April 20-21, 2020)
The organizers offer full scholarships for the applicants to participate in the Young Global Changers Program 20020, covering the following expenses:
- Round trip Travel costs to Berlin, Germany
- Accommodation during the program
- Free Admission to the Global Solutions Summit 2020
- Attending the lectures with global thought leaders from academia and beyond.
- Opportunity to attend comprehensive summer school workshops
- Opportunity to build network with great minds from business, academia, policies and civil society.
- Having access to an exclusive global network of like-minded young global changers
- Possibilities for further engagement.
NOTE: all expenses must be paid upfront and will reimbursed withing 6 weeks after the global solutions summer school. Local transportation in Berlin, visa cost, food and travel insurance will not be covered.
- Global Peace Summit Ukraine 2019 [Fully/Partially funded]
- G-20 Youth Summit Montenegro
- GFMD Youth Forum in Ecuador
- Workshop on Water Policy Studies at OSCE Academy
Who Young Global Change Makers?
The Young Global Changers are individuals with innovative ideas on how to make this world a better place. They must have developed a project or an initiative to turn these ideas into action.
This project can be a research project, a social project, a global advocacy campaign or a local neighborhood initiative, a business idea a social enterprise, and more. Furthermore, the project needs to be connected to a current global challenge and must aim to make an impact at the global, regional or local levels.
- Young researchers and academics involved in a research project that tackles issues related to the recoupling of economy, society and environmental sustainability,
- Young entrepreneurs and innovators involved in a social enterprise aimed at recoupling, and young business leaders aiming at changing “business as usual” from the inside,
- Young non-profit leaders, active as community organizers, advocacy leaders, campaigners, or implementers of social, economic or environmental change on a local, regional or global level,
- …who are between the ages of 21 and 35,
- …who want to become longstanding, active members of a strong global network which aims at bringing about lasting global change,
- .…who commit to working constantly towards recoupling the economy with social well-being in a sustainable way,
- …who want to become regular contributors to the Global Solutions Summit and other events and activities of the Global Solutions Initiative.
How to apply?
Applicants should apply online before the deadline. The first round selection will be done by December 19, 2019.