Opportunity ID 10448
The Global Change leader program was established in 2011 aiming to empower the women leader from developing countries to develop their leadership skills and capacities to contribute to innovation and change in their organizations and communities. For the year 2020, the Coady institute’s international center for women leadership has offered a 7 weeks educational training, opportunities to engage the women leaders from around the world and get the mentorship of accomplished women leaders in Canada. The program offers fully funded financial supports to participate to the participate in the program.
The Global Leaders Program consists of two main components including:
June 1- July 17, 2020
- a seven week on-site intensive course at Coady International Institute in Antigonish, Nova Scotia, Canada consisting a foundation module focusing on theories and essential competencies, analysis of gender, citizenship and power, practical understandings of these concepts and their application for women leaders with their own contexts, strengthening capacities for social innovations, partnership building in a multi-stakeholder environment and enhancing abilities to realize citizen-driven asset-based development. the module is also focusing on gendered approaches for political, social, and economic empowerment and community development. In addition, the program has a final module the participants articulate in action plan for how they will take their new learning home to provide leadership in their organizations and communities.
September 1, 2020- February 28, 2021
- The participants will get the advantage of experienced women leaders mentor for up to six months to follow their learning application into practice.
Deadline: 22 November 2019 Program date: 1 June to 17 July 2020
Duration: 7 weeks Location: Canada
Gender: female Host institute: Coady Institute’s International Center for Women’s Leadership
Benefits of the program:
The program offers scholarship for success candidates covering the following:
- Tuition fee
- Travel expenses
- Accommodations and meals
- Gathering high-quality experiences
- Engaging with global women leaders
- Developing networks
The participants must be from developing countries and must work on development issues with the following criteria:
- Must have a university degree or post-secondary education and experience
- Demonstrate at least five years of leadership experience in a social or economic development endeavor in sectors such as livelihoods or inclusive economic development, food security, environment, access to education and health care, governance, political engagement of women and the rights of girls and women.
- Must be committed to returning to their home country and put in practice what they learned.
- Be passion and motivate, demonstrated through their outstanding contributions in their organizations and communities.
- Be practitioners in civil societies organizations, non-profit organizations, public or private institutions and etc.
- Be proficient in English (written and spoken)
- Be citizen of a country eligible for Official Development Assistance (ODA).
- Eligible candidates identified as indigenous in their respective communities.
Similar Opportunities you may apply:
- Awaji Youth Federation (AYF) 2020 fellowship in Japan
- Future Global Leaders Fellowship 2020 in USA
- internship at UN in Beirut, Lebanon
- Turkey Success Scholarship Application is Open Now
- Shanghai Jio Tong University (SJTU) Scholarship for Master and PhD.
- Update CV
- Your organization annual reports document (optional)
- Personal statement about 750 Characters
- Describe the skills and qualities that make you a good leader. Explain how the Coady program might strengthen your ability to be a more effective change leader about 750 characters.
- Describe a particular development challenge or change initiative that you plan to address after the Coady program as part of your leadership action plan. What would you hope to learn at Coady to help you address this challenge? About 750 characters.
- Describe how you would utilize both opportunities, about 750 characters.
- share any other programs in which you are currently enrolled or anticipate for 2020. About 750 characters.
- Describe your access to such services and capacities, and your experience if any with on-line learning. Maximum 500 characters.
- The whole applications will be checked in December
- The successful participants will be invited for the skype interview or zoom call at the end of December
- The successful participants will be informed on 20 January 2020
- 30 April 2020 participant will apply for the Visa of Canada
- The further information of the program will be shared with successful participants
How to apply:
Interested participants must fill and submit their documents through the online application form
For more details about the program, please visit the program website