Opportunity ID 12908
The Global Alumni Graduate Fees Waiver is a 15% – 20% decrement on the first-year tuition fees applicable to international alumni paying international tuition fees and who return for a full-time master’s/doctoral program at Victoria University of Wellington.
The intended fees waiver celebrates the university’s commitment to advocating its international student group. From this year now, the Global Alumni Graduate Fees Waiver provides a discount of 15%-20% to international alumni (including exchange and study abroad students) advancing to a full-time postgraduate courses.
Level of study: Masters by coursework & postgraduate
Closing date: Semester 1: 1 February; Semester 2: 1 June; Semester 3: 1 October
Duration: one year
Location: New Zealand
Numbers offered: varying
The fee waiver is open to any Victoria University of Wellington global alumni coming to pursue a full-time postgraduate taught study, Exchange and Study Abroad students advancing to a full-time postgraduate programmer. Postgraduate Certificates, PhD and EPP students are ineligible to apply.
Applicants must have a placement offer on a full-time postgraduate program at the university meeting any other academic and English language terms associated with their offer and applicants must be recognized as international fee-paying students.
Applicants must submit a complete online application by 4:30 on the ending date. Please note that late or incomplete applications will be rejected. Also, any other supporting documents must be submitted to the university accordingly.
Once you find a scholarship you’d like to apply for, look for the ‘Apply online’ link in the scholarship’s details. This link is normally available a month before the closing date. If no application link relating to the programme you are applying for is not provided to you, check back again closer to the closing dates mentioned above. Read more on how to apply here.
A selection panel from the University will choose the best fitting candidates for the program.
- A tuition fee concession of 20% for the first academic year of study is offered if students apply within 12 months of completing an eligible Victoria University program
- Study Abroad and Exchange Student alumni who apply in the span of 12 months of graduation from their home university qualify for a 20% tuition fee reduction.
- A tuition fee reduction of 15% for the first A.Y. of study is granted if candidates apply more than 12 months after finishing an eligible Victoria University program.
Regulations and conditions:
- All offers of the Waiver will be contingent on the beneficiary being completely enrolled in a full-time Master/PhD coursework program in view of the iterated criteria and period of the Waiver.
- The discount is awarded for the first year of study up to (120 points) only and is repaid in exchange for paid gross tuition fees while enrolling.
- With the agreement of the university on deducted tuition fees with partner institutions, those students currently benefiting will be ineligible for this waiver.
- Students receiving full funding from external sponsorship agencies will also be ineligible for this waiver.
- Students applying through a mediator are ineligible.
- The University has the right to change all or any scholarship awards, discounts & regulations at its sole discretion.