Opportunity ID 6831
If you are a journalism in a developing or transitioning country, you can apply GIJC 19 global shining light award you can apply to Global Investigative Journalism Conference Global Shining Light Award, get precious prizes and a free trip to attend the conference in Germany.
Each year, dozens of journalists are killed or attacked only for doing their jobs. They are mostly in developing countries or transitioning countries. To praise the work of journalism working in these areas this award is presented every two years.
Awarding organization: Global investigative Journalism Network (GIJN)
Awarding period: every two years
Conference location: Hamburg, Germany
Deadline: May 19, 2019 23:59 EST (GMT-5)
Purpose of this award:
The main purpose of this award is to recognize and honor investigative journalism in developing countries who has done the journalism investigation under threat, duress or in the direst of condition
- Small & medium outlets
- Large outlets
Awards and prizes
- Honorary plaque
- USD 2,000
- Free trip to the 2019 Global investigative Journalism conference in Germany
Who can apply?
The journalist, journalism team or media outlet provided independent, investigative reporting with following criteria:
- Done in, and affected a developing or emerging country
- The work was broadcast or published between January 1, 2017 and December 31, 2018.
- Had an investigative nature
- Made an issue, wrong-doing or system of corruption apparent/evident which gravely affected the common good
- Did so in face of arrest, imprisonment, violence against them and their families or threats and intimidation.
How to apply
Applicants should apply online. Fill the application in English. Submission in languages other than English need to provide a detailed English-language summary of a print or online story or an English transcript of a broadcast script.
For any queries applicants can contact: email@example.com