Language Requirement Not Required
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Duration 7 Days
Opportunity ID 28314
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) twice a year selects a group of remarkable international postdoctoral researchers in the Postdoctoral Networking Tour in Artificial Intelligence (AI) program to visit the German research hotspots in artificial intelligence. The tours cover a broad range of research fields and applications.
Therefore, if you’re a postdoctoral researcher and want to get a deeper insight into research opportunities in Germany and are interested in establishing enduring relationships with Germany’s leading research groups, apply now for this excellent program.
Deadline: 8 march 2021
Host Institution: The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD)
Virtual Tour Days: April 26-30, 2021
Duration: 7 Days
- A hands-on, practical, and decent program to fit the requirements of different contributors;
- Coverage of all program-related expenses in Germany (lodging, domestic travel, meals);
- A lump-sum travel grant (for trip to Germany based on your home country) if a third party doesn’t cover such costs. This will also be offered if the stay is prolonged by up to five working days to facilitate additional professional networking.
What applicants can expect:
Receive pure information by meeting top scientists during on-site tours to
- research institutions;
- Private companies.
Obtain insight into high-profile research projects
- For details, check the detailed schedule for the coming and for earlier tours (soon here).
Enjoy face-to-face deliberations with experts to explore more about
- the German research system;
- German industry;
- funding opportunities;
- the job markets and the employers’ view;
- Application procedures for jobs and funding.
Take advantage of countless networking opportunities with
- representatives from industry and academia;
- The other tour participants.
As a participant, you will not only get to understand the work of the research teams and take part in exclusive tours of the research laboratories and venues. You will also be able to present and discuss your own work in interactive academic arrangements and a unique, friendly, and attractive setting.
You should have:
- an exceptional scientific track record with a focus on artificial intelligence and machine learning (preferably associated with one of the research areas of the current guest institutions);
- Earned a Ph.D. before the travel but no longer than five years ago (exceptions can only be accepted if justified by exquisite achievements);
- not been residing in Germany or connected to a German institution within the previous 12 months;
- Demonstrated drive and determination, initiative, and enthusiasm to play a role in shaping the future.
How to apply?
Application for this program is online, and you can complete and submit it through the application portal.
- Your brief cv,
- Contact information of two professional referees,
- AI conferences to which you have contributed, and
- Your publications in scientific journals.
If you have any questions and want to stay tuned with the developments, contact here.
Visit the DAAD website for further details of the program.