Jacobs University is a private, research-based, and government-accredited German university founded on the principle that everyone has the right to take a good education. The university provides the ground for high-performing international students to pursue their passions and follow their studies in their desired careers without financial difficulties.
Application deadline: April 1, 2020
Categories of scholarship:
- Two scholarships for women in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics)
This scholarship is awarded to bachelor and master female students in three focus areas as follows.
- One scholarship in each focus area will be granted to bachelor or master students showing outstanding academic achievement, intellectual innovativeness, and a strong motivation to make worthwhile difference in the globe.
A- Mobility Focus Area
- (BSc) in Industrial Engineering & Management
• (BSc) in Mathematics
• (BSc) in Computer Science
• (BSc) in Electrical and Computer Engineering
• (BSc) in Robotics and Intelligent Systems
• (MSc) in Data Engineering
• (MSc) in Supply Chain Management
B- Health Focus Area
- (BSc) in Biochemistry and Cell Biology
• (BSc) Chemistry and Biotechnology
• (BSc) in Medicinal Chemistry and Chemical Biology
• (BSc) in Earth and Environmental Sciences
• (BSc) in Physics
C- Diversity Focus Area
- (BA) in Global Economics and Management
• (BA) in International Business Administration
• (BA) in Society, Media, and Politics
• (BA) in International Relations: Politics and History
• (BSc) in Integrated Social and Cognitive Psychology
• (MSc) in psychology
The full-tuition scholarship covers the tuition fees (3 years for Bachelor) and (2 years for Master. Other costs related to general university fees, board, and room are not covered. Details of the tuition and fees can be found here for bachelor level and here for master level.
- Eligible students should complete their online application by the application deadline and will receive feedback by April 14, 2020. Those students having already been admitted for the 2020 fall semester will be automatically considered for the scholarship.
- Shortlisted students will be invited to a Skype interview with the Scholarship Committee between April 15-21, 2020.
- The final results will be announced by April 24, 2020.
Application requirements/information for the undergraduate degree:
Applications should comprise:
- One recommendation letter from a school official such as school consultant, teacher or manager
- School transcript of previous 2-3 years
- Educational history form
- English language proficiency evidence (e.g., TOEFL, IELTS, Duolingo, etc.)
- Standardized test(s) results SAT/ACT/TestAS (this requirement will be withdrawn depending on your school subjects’ composition and expected/received transcript type.
- Read more information
Application requirements for Master’s students
MSc Data Engineering and MSc Supply Chain Management should include:
- Motivation Letter
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- University transcript in German or English
- Bachelor’ diploma/certificate or its equivalent (may be submitted later)
- Two recommendation letters
- Test of English language proficiency with a minimum number of 90 (TOEFL), 6.5 (IELTS), or 60 (Duolingo). Native speakers and applicants who already completed their undergraduate studies in English could be exempted from this criterion.
Applications for MSc psychology should have the below documents:
- Letter of Motivation
- University transcript in English or German
- Bachelor’s degree certificate or it’s equivalent
- Non-native German speakers applying for the MSc psychology should provide a German language proficiency test (Goethe-Certificate level C1, Test DaF level 4, or DSH level 2.
- English proficiency test scores should be at least 72 (TOEFL), 5.5 (IELTS), or 40 (Duolingo). Alternatively, students may submit a confirmation from their previous institution where the medium of instruction was English. Read more here.
Should you seek more information about this, please contact:
Phone: +49 421 200 40