Opportunity ID 7535
Individuals who are a human rights defender, working to promote the Human Rights can apply Fellowship for Human Rights Defenders. Justice and Peace Netherlands offer the fellowship in partnership with the T.M.C. Asser Institute, to support and protect human rights defenders at risk and strengthen the capacity of local human rights defenders (HRDs) by relocating them temporarily and providing them security training and conducting a research project for three months.
Details of the fellowship for Human Rights Defenders in the Netherlands
- Justice and Peace Netherlands
- M.C. Asser Institute
Duration: three months
Location: the Hague, The Netherlands
Number of fellowships: 1
Deadline to apply: June 14, 2019
Benefits of the program:
The fellowship provides all the following expenses:
- Monthly stipend
- Flight tickets
- Health insurance
Who is eligible?
- Be a human rights defender whose work is promoting human rights, or She/he is standing against human rights violation in a non-violent way;
- Obtained a degree related to ( International human rights ) law
- Have a few years of working experience related to human rights law either in academia or in practice.
- Is threatened or otherwise under intense pressure due to their work
- Be able to benefit from a short period abroad
- Demonstrated record of research activities and work in applied human rights law research
- Interested in doing a research project for improvement of human rights and having the ability to do it independently within three months.
- Return to his/her country of origin of the completion of the program
- Have a good professional working knowledge of English
- Be interested in speaking in Public and in taking part in related research activities of the Asser Institute
- Have interest/ability to come alone
- Possess a passport (is valid for at least six months) or get a new one. The organizer of the program will cover the cost of the passport issuance and/or visa.
- Not have any prohibition of the country leaving
- Be able and willing to come to the Netherlands during the program
Applicants who do not meet the conditions above, but would still like to apply for the relocation program, can contact the Justice and Peace Netherlands
How to apply
Those Human rights defenders who are interested in the program can request the application form by sending an email to the email below:
Please send the completed application form to the email of Justice and Peace Netherlands provided above by June 14, 2019.