Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement TOEFLIELTSCEFROther
Opportunity Type : Partially Funded
Duration 12 Days
Language of Instruction English
Opportunity ID 13091
European Forum Alpbach (EFA) offers over 400 Scholarships for International Applicants from change-makers, students, and young professionals to attend European Forum Alpbach (EFA) in Vienna, Austria. They will enjoy by attend a variety of competence based, scientific, and artistic seminars and participating in a high-level conference program plus social and cultural activities Applicants from worldwide can apply for this opportunity to come to the event.
EFA is an interdisciplinary forum for science, politics, business, and culture. Founded in 1945, the yearly EFA and its events during the year address socio-political questions and thoughts of our time.
International decision-makers from all sectors of society, including a passionate audience and committed youths, come together through the EFA event. The Program aims to create a dialogue across generational, ideological, and other lines that distinguish us.
This scholarship program enables young people from worldwide to come to Alpbach and participate in the Forum. Hundreds of scholarship holders from many countries participate in the European Forum Alpbach annually.
Application Deadline: 31 March 2023 (noon CEST)
Duration: 12 Days (19 August to 2 September 2023)
Result Announcement: End of May 2023
Q&A Sessions: 14 March (12-01 pm CET)
Host Organization: European Forum Alpbach (EFA)
Location: Vienna, Austria
Eligible Countries: All
Scholarship Type: Partially Funded
Benefits of The European Forum Alpbach
A scholarship for participating at EFA will cover the followings:
- Participation fee
- Applicants’ accommodation throughout the EFA23 (19 August to 2 September 2023)
- EFA scholarship holders will receive EUR 20 per day daily allowance.
- Applicants who apply through Clubs within the Forum Alpbach Network (FAN) may receive reimbursement of travel costs or daily allowances (please refer to their respective websites.)
Applicants are welcome from all countries of the world apply but must meet the following requirements:
- Priority goes to artists and non-graduates.
- The age limit is between 18 and 30 years old.
- Commit to being present for at least 12 days of attendance (must include a week of the seminar).
- Provide minimum level B2 of English language proficiency:
- TOEFL 72, IELTS 5.5, CPE or CAE 162, MUET 5
- Confirmation from school, employer, or university professor stating level B2 or an equivalent.
- Be a first-time scholarship holder of the EFA.
Note: Before applying for a scholarship, please thoroughly read the requirements.
Applicants should submit the following documents to apply for the European Forum Alpbach:
- Motivation Statement
- Updated CV
- Proof of English proficiency
- Latest Diploma, transcript of records, or proof of employment
How to Apply?
Applicants can apply via the EFA’s application portal or one of the FAN’s alum clubs. If available, visit the 30 existing FAN Clubs near the resident city. Also, check out if they offer scholarships, and if yes, apply there. If the Club in the country of residence does not offer scholarships, or if there is no Club in the home country, then apply via the EFA.
Check More Opportunities:
IASBS Scholarships for Afghan Master’s Degree Students, Iran
Refugee Education UK DSI Scholarships for Afghan Displaced Students in Pakistan
DAAD Scholarship for SEPT MBA in Leipzig University of Germany
Jane M. Klasuman Women in Business Scholarship by Zonta International, USA
For further information about this Scholarship, please visit the EFA website or read the FAQs.