Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement TOEFLIELTS
Opportunity Type : Fully FundedPartially Funded
Duration 12 Days
Language of Instruction English
Opportunity ID 13091
EUROPEAN FORUM ALPBACH offers Over 300 Scholarships for International Applicants from changes makers, to attend European Forum Alpbach in Vienna Austria.
The European Forum Alpbach is an interdisciplinary forum for science, politics, business, and culture. Founded in 1945, the yearly EFA, as well as its events during the year, address socio-political questions and thoughts of our time.
International decision-makers from all sectors of society including a passionate audience and committed youths are brought together through the EFA event. It aims to create a dialogue across generational, ideological and other lines that distinguish us. With participation in EFA 2022, you can Become Part of Europe’s Festival of Ideas and have a pioneering experience interacting with incredible figures such s Nobel prize winners, fellow scholarship holders, international guest speakers, and talented youths. This scholarship program enables young people from all over the world to come to Alpbach and to participate in the Forum. Hundreds of scholarship holders from nearly 100 countries participate in the European Forum Alpbach every year.
Theme of conference:
- The Climate Opportunity,
- Securing Europe’s Future in a Globalised World,
- The Financing of Europe’s Future and this year’s new track
- The Future of Democracy and the Rule of Law in Europe.
Application deadline: 13 April (11:59 AM CET). Early application is recommended to avoid last-minute issues.
Location: Vienna, Austria
Scholarship Type: varied
Duration: two weeks
Result announcement: May 2022
preparation for Visa, housing and arrival:June-July
Arrival: 20 August, 2022
Departure: 2 September , 2022
First (Conference) week: Variety of programs such as :
- plenary events,
- workshops and hikes, but also, of course,
- lots of opportunities for networking and sharing ideas.
Second week (LAB):
In small groups composed of international participants, innovative formats will be employed in which we will delve into the key questions raised during the first week. In the context of retreats lasting several days, we will be working with international stakeholders on selected topics, and developing ideas and solutions for Europe’s future. Open, creative formats provide the opportunity to share ideas; plenary events round off the day’s schedule. Recommendation: Plan a three-day stay
- Applicants are welcome from all countries of the world to apply.
- Artists and non-graduates are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Age limit is between 18 & 30 years old.
- At least 12 days of attendance is required (must include a week of seminar).
- English language proficiency: minimum level B2 is required
- proving you studied/are studying in an English speaking country
- Your degree is taught in English
- Language Certificate (IELTS 5.5, TOEFL iBT 72, CPE or CAE 162, MUET 5.
- or be a native speaker
- Be able to attend the European Forum Alpbach Fully (August 19- September 4, 2020
- Application mode: only online applications through EFA’s platform are accepted.
Before applying for a scholarship, please thoroughly read about requirements.
A basic scholarship covers participation fees; however, there are additional funds by the European Forum Alpbach Foundation for applicants with inadequate funds.
In general, there are three types of first-timer scholarships:
1: BASIC _It covers participation fees (1600 Euro). Travel costs aren’t covered by EFAF.
2: PARTIAL _ the EFAF pays participation (1600 Euro) and accommodation fees (30, Euro per day). Travel expenses are not covered.
3: FULL _ it covers participation fees (1600 Euro), accommodation (30 euro/day)& board allowances (17 euro / day). Travel expenses are not paid.
Note: the 2nd and 3rd types will be awarded based on the availability of the fund(s).
How to apply?
The application is open now. you can apply online using the link below.
- Language Certificate – at least B2 level of English
- Highest School or University certificate, diploma or degree, Transcript covering all credits in English, French, or German.
- Motivation letter
The European Forum Alpbach Foundation grants around 300 scholarships every year to international students and young graduates to attend the European Forum Alpbach. The remaining 300 + scholarships are awarded by the different Clubs and Initiative Groups, members of the Forum Alpbach Network (FAN).
Each application submitted to the EFAF, is EVALUATED by two members of an independent jury in order for the selection process to be so objective.
Application Results Announcement
All candidates will be contacted latest by the end of May 2020 regarding their results. Please do not get in touch with us in advance regarding your application results. All successful applicants will have the opportunity to either accept or turn down the scholarship within 2 weeks of having received the application results.
Arrival in Alpbach
All chosen scholarship holders will arrive in Alpbach latest on August 20 at noon, before the start of the Seminar Week.