Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Duration Up To 3 Years
Opportunity ID 47326
Earth Company is excited to announce the opening of applications for its Impact Hero 2022 program!
Please carefully read the text below as well as the selection guidelines, and if you think you are the perfect candidate, do apply for the Impact Hero 2022.
The Impact Heroes are visionary leaders that are inspired by endless passion and staunch commitment to making transformative changes to the communities they serve. Moreover, not only are they role models for the next generations, but they also have the inherent ability to inspire the world.
Furthermore, through their work, they aim to acquire paradigm shifts and carve out new, inclusive routes that truly leave nobody behind and a make regenerative and sustainable future.
Organizer: Earth Company
Application deadline: September 7 2021 (11:59 JST/UCT)
Contacting shortlisted candidates and scheduling and conducting interviews: October 6, 2021
Notification of final decision: Early November 2021
Announcement of Impact Hero 2021 finalists: 19 December 2021
Eligible regions: Developing countries in the Asia-Pacific
To multiply their impact and potential as a leader, EC, over a three-year period, provides a package of benefits to the Impact Heroes to provide life-changing support including:
1. Leadership coaching,
2. Tailor-made fundraising (USD100-300k grant)
3. Marketing support
4. Business development, and
5. Management consulting
6. Practical resources and mentoring
Why Impact Hero?
In the pursuit of prosperity and growth, humanity has unintentionally created many issues that are now posing a threat to our own lives. Indeed, we are the last generation that can save our future before it’s too late. Due to this, The world needs more change-makers who can not only resolve these issues but build a regenerative future that does not generate them in the first place.
Therefore, Earth Company selects one Impact Hero a year– a one-of-a-kind change-maker that is capable of transforming the future of developing countries in the Asia-Pacific.
Impact Heroes have 7 Qualities:
- Authentic: Integrity and depth in the motivation of his/her life work
- Irreplaceable: One-of-a-kind merits and the distinctive role that cannot be replaced
- Future-oriented: Aims to realize alternative futures recognized by inclusivity and regeneration
- Passionate: Blazing desire, energy, and belief that his/sparks her work
- Inspirational: Astonishing ability to spark inspiration in the world through his/her life work
- Leadership: Robust potential to lead his/her community or even country to a more prosperous future
- Grounded: A role model with profound trust and reverence from the community
Applicants should meet the minimum requirements below to apply for the Impact Hero program; those applicants who do not satisfy all these eligibility criteria would not be shortlisted.
- be aligned with the vision and values of Earth Company.
- tackle some of the most urgent social and environmental problems in the developing countries of the Asia Pacific region.
- have innovative solutions that lead to deep (or meaningful/life-changing) impact to a wide range of stakeholders.
- serve on the leadership team of a social-purpose organization.
- be committed to the cause of the program long-term.
- devote a considerable amount of time to work with Earth Company’s support team, and
- have the ability to regularly communicate with the Earth Company team in English by email and online calls.
Note: Earth Company takes into account the number of years in operation, organizational development, sectoral focus, nationality, age, gender, academic credentials. Hence, for-profit and non-profit organizations – and everything in between – are eligible.
Evaluation process criteria
All the applications are carefully reviewed by the Earth Company team. In addition to the Eligibility Criteria, it assesses the candidates’ match with respect to the IH 7 Qualities and its Program, as well as their momentum for growth.
How to apply?
You can complete the requirements of the application and submit it online. Please submit the following:
- Application Form
- A video statement (up to 1min long) answering the following question: Why should you be Earth Company’s next Impact Hero? In your video, tell EC your story and convince it!
Note: You can record the video on whatever device you have at hand, e.g., your mobile phone. Please upload it to Youtube or Google Drive and share the link in the application form.
For more details of this program and previous Impact Heroes, visit the Earth Company Impact Hero 2022.