Language Requirement TOEFLIELTSPTE Academic
Fields of study Various Fields
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Duration 3 Years
Language of Instruction English
Opportunity ID 208372
Refugee Education U.K. (REUK) is now accepting applications for Displaced Student Initiative-DSI Scholarships from Afghan Displaced Students in Pakistan. Afghan students, preferably female applicants willing to pursue their undergraduate degree and post-degree employment in the U.K., can apply for this opportunity for September 2023.
The DSI Scholarship is a fully-funded opportunity covering three (3) years of tuition fees and accommodation at a U.K. university. Additionally, the program pays for study and learning materials, employability, and employment support. Most importantly, students can apply for an additional two-year graduate work visa upon completion.
Some U.K. organizations, including Refugee Education U.K. (REUK), Student Action for Refugees (STAR), Mosaik, and Universities of Sanctuary, run the DSI Scholarship collaboratively. The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR), Universities U.K. International (UUKI), and The Global Task Force on Third Country Education Pathways are crucial in advising and supporting the DSI technically.
DSI Scholarships Important Dates and Details
Application Status: Open
Application Deadline: 9 April 2023 (noon PKT)
Host University: U.K. Universities
Location: United Kingdom (U.K.)
Level of Study: Undergraduate
Scholarship Type: Fully-Funded
Scholarship Duration: Three Years
Eligible Country: Afghanistan
Target Group: Displaced Afghans in Pakistan
Benefits of the DSI Scholarships
DSI Scholarships in the U.K. covers the following items and expenses:
- Tuition fees of three years for an undergraduate degree at a partner U.K. university;
- Accommodation for three years;
- Monthly stipend for living costs, including food and interior travel;
- International Student visa costs and immigration health payments;
- Travel costs to the U.K.;
- Study materials;
- Employment and employability support after graduation;
- Additional support to apply for a two-year Graduate visa upon completing the undergraduate degree.
Afghan students who wish to apply for DSI Scholarships to study in the U.K. should meet the following requirements:
- Be a displaced Afghan national;
- Should currently residing in Pakistan;
- Be between the ages of 18-30 on the 01 September 2023;
- Have no dependents, including spouse, children, sibling, or parents;
- Demonstrate accommodation needs in the U.K. by the DSI;
- Hold a valid passport;
- Have done 12 grades (higher secondary education) in Afghanistan or Pakistan with excellent academic achievements or have completed year one (1) or two (2) of a bachelor’s degree at a university in Afghanistan or Pakistan;
- Students who have obtained a bachelor’s degree from an Afghanistan or Pakistan university are also eligible to apply;
- Meet the English language proficiency requirements (usually B2 level) to get admission to a degree program at partner universities or obtain a student visa in the U.K.;
- Demonstrate financial need and support to study overseas independently;
- The DSI Scholarship award depends on the U.K. Visas and Immigration (UKVI) department granting winners a student visa to enter the U.K.
Applicants may require submitting the following documents while filling out the application form:
- Tazkira/National ID
- Valid Passport
- Proof of Registration Card (PoR) in Pakistan
- Afghan Citizens Card (ACC) in Pakistan
- High school award certificate
- Motivation or personal statement
- University award certificate (Optional)
- English language qualifications such as IELTS, TOEFL, Pearson Test of English (PTE), iGCSE, or International Baccalaureate (Optional)
- Any additional supporting documents such as award certificates, voluntary or paid work employment evidence, etcetera (Optional)
How to Apply for the DSI Scholarships?
Applicants should apply online using the electronic application form linked below.
- Returning the application form is impossible; applicants cannot save and return it.
- Fill and complete the application form in one sitting with an estimated time of at least one hour to complete the form.
- Download a PDF version of the application form to prepare all answers beforehand.
- Apply before Sunday, 9 April 2023 (noon Pakistan Standard Time.
- REUK will not review late or incomplete applications.
- After submitting the application form, applicants will see a successful submission message on the page. Also, they will receive a copy of their application by email to confirm the submission process.
Check More Opprotunities
IASBS Scholarships for Master and Ph.D. Students in Iran
DAAD Scholarship for SEPT MBA in Leipzig University of Germany
Goethe Talents Scholarships for Musicians in Germany
For more information about the DSI Scholarships, please visit the official website of the REUK.