Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Opportunity ID 194813
The mission of UN Women is to end discrimination against women and girls, empower women, and achieve equality between men and women as partners and beneficiaries in development, human rights, humanitarian aid, and peace and security. UN Women’s work is based on the vision of equality enshrined in the United Nations Charter.
- Location: Kabul, AFGHANISTAN
- Application Deadline: 9 October 2022
- Additional Category: Management
- Type of Contract: FTA International
- Post Level: P-5
- Languages Required: English
- Starting Date :(date when the selected candidate is expected to start) 18-Dec-2022
- Duration of Initial Contract: 1 year
- Expected Duration of Assignment: 1 year extendable based on performance and budget availability
- Eligible Country: Afghanistan
About Job (Responsibilities)
- In charge of the program team.
- Give advice and specialist technical help on the office’s strategic direction.
- Represent UN Women in coordinating the UN system with an emphasis on operations and programs.
- Offer technical assistance for developing strategic alliances and resource mobilization plans.
- Advocate on behalf of UN Women and back advocacy tactics.
- Promote capacity building, knowledge management, and innovation.
- Control workers while being supervised.
Important Performance Indicators
- Timely and competent advice and support for the country’s special representative in terms of strategy
- Delivery of the operations and program teams that is prompt and of high quality.
- Contact and creation of collaborative projects and initiatives regularly with other organizations and partners.
- The caliber of the inputs used in the creation and execution of the national resource mobilization strategy.
- The effectiveness and scope of the advocacy and knowledge management projects done.
- Creating an enabling work environment through high-quality coaching, training, and mentoring.
- UN Women is regarded as a dependable and trustworthy partner who significantly contributes to the advancement of UN Women’s mission.
- A master’s degree or equivalent in social science subjects such as public administration, public policy, or international development is necessary.
- The advanced university degree may be substituted with a first-level one and two more years of relevant experience.
- A certification in project or program management, such as PMP®, PRINCE2®, or MSP®, would be advantageous.
- A minimum of ten years of steadily increasing responsibility in a career that combines intellectual, strategic, and managerial leadership in development programs with a strong emphasis on gender equality and women’s empowerment on a global scale, ideally in developing nations within the UN system, Agencies, Funds, or Programs
- Working with multicultural teams in the field.
- Working knowledge of a conflict- or post-conflict-affected nation.
- knowledge of managing a team.
- English proficiency is necessary, although knowledge of the other UN official working language is advantageous.
The filled-out UN Women Personal History form (P-11), which may be downloaded here, must be attached to all applications.
Note: The system permits only one attachment. Applications will be considered incomplete and won’t be considered for further evaluation if the UN Women P-11 form is not completed.
To learn more, kindly visit the official website.
You may also like these opportunities:
- World Bank Winter Internship Program 2022/23 (Paid)
- D-Prize Challenges for Entrepreneurs ($20,000)
- Risk and Return Free online course by Columbia University
- MA in Policy Economics program at the Williams College for Developing Countries
- UCI Free Online Course on Effective Problem-Solving & Decision-Making