Opportunity ID 6501
Since 2015, Climate tracker organization have lunched cutting edge training, innovative media campaigns and brought talented teams of young reporters to the UN climate negotiations. The activity of the organization is covering more than 114 countries and 24 languages, the most focus of the organization is on the developing countries.
In 2019 the competition will be held on the theme of human health highlighting the direct or indirect impact of climate on health. Some of the health impacts associated with the climate crisis include respiratory diseases, vector-borne diseases, heat strokes, mental illness and others, as mentioned in the latest report on Health & Climate Change launched by the World Health Organization during COP24
If you are interested in showing your photography skills to the world and being one of 8 winners, apply to this competition and win the prize.
- Closing date: 19 April
- Announcement date: 23 April
- Program date: 17 March
- Photoshoots: 29 April – 19 May
Number of winners: 8
- Successful photo will be published on the platforms of the world health organization, climate Tracker and other organizations
- 30-35 photos about the impact of climate change on health will be captured by the 8 winners
- $200 will be paid for the 8 winners
- The work of photographers will be highlighted in an eBook
- The first winner will be received full scholarship to attend the COP25 in Chile on December 2019 with climate tracker team
- Your age should be between 18-30
- If you submit photos which is already published in another media, please submit an authorization paper.
- No restriction in nationality. applicants from all around the world can apply.
How to apply:
Fill the online application with the criteria below:
- Your photo or photo story, you are submitting must show and explain the climate change and solution or challenge related to health.
- Write A 200-word photo story about topics below:
- Air pollution
- Vector-borne diseases
- Climate change-induced disasters
- Food security
Your submission must have 5 main qualities which will be evaluated by the climate tracker team:
- Photographic composition
- Originality of your photo
- The explanation of your written
- Clarity and quality of submission
- Social impact