Opportunity Type : Fully FundedPartially Funded
Language of Instruction Chinese
Opportunity ID 8708
Confucius Institute Scholarship (CIS) provides scholarships for those interested applicants who wish to pursue a Master’s degree, Chinese language, and other short-term programs in China. Interested applicants can see the details and apply.
- Program start Sep: May 15
- Program starting Dec 2021: Sep 15,
- Program starting March 2022: November 15
Institution: Xiamen University
Level of study:
- master degree scholarships
- One year Study Scholarship
- One semester
- 4 week scholarship
Benefits of the scholarship:
- Tuition accommodation
- Free dormitory
- Living expenses
- Medical insurance
- the above expenses will cover the whole program except for four –year trainees.
- The tuition fee will be used by the school to coordinate the training, scholarship management, cultural activities, and Chinese language. The tuition fee will not cover the teaching materials and tickets for tourist attractions.
Also apply to :
Who can apply:
- Applicants must be a foreign citizen
- Applicants must be in a good state of health (physically and mentally)
- Have the ability to learning
- Applicants must be interested in working in Chinese education (language, teaching, and international promotion)
- The application age must be between 16 to 35 years.
Category of scholarship:
- Master of Chinese International Education:
- Have a bachelor degree
- Have Chinese scores HSK (grade 5) 210 points and HSKK (Intermediate) 60 points.
- Work agreement or related certificate for the proposed institution preferred to be provided by the applicants for after graduation.
- One-year trainee
- Applicants must not be admitted to China
- Chinese International education: applicants required to have a test scores of reach HSK (Level 3) 270 points with HSKK scores.
- Chines language training: applicants must have an HSK test score (Level 3) 210 points.
Duration: 11 months
- One semester trainee:
Duration: Sep 2021 and March 2022 for 5 months
- Those application who have X1 and X2 visas are not able to apply
- Chinese International Education: Chinese test score reach HSK (level 3) 180 points with HSKK score.
- 4 weeks scholarship
Duration: 4 weeks starting in July and December 2021.
- Those applicants who have X1 and X2 visas are no able to apply.
- Chinese Medicine and Taiji Culture: must have an HSK score.
- Chines Language + Chinese family experience: must have an HSK score.
- Confucius Institute special four-week students: applicants must have an HSK score.
Note: 15 people will be selected from each group for each category, and will be enrolled by Confucius.
General required documents:
- Copy of passport (passport Valid until 2022)
- Copy of HSK and HSKK (valid for 2 years
- Letter of recommendation
- The highest degree’s certificate and transcript
- For the master of Chinese International Education must provide a letter of recommendation letter from two associate professors or higher. The priority will be given to those who wish to work as a teaching agency after graduation.
- Physical examination form
- Applicants under 18 years must singe the supporting letter Supporting letter which is provided by the guardian in China.
- No criminal record report
How to apply:
Applicants should visit the university website HERE
- Those applicants who are graduated from Confucius Institute in the 2021 Chinese Bridge, must refer to the Xiamen University upon of their CIS certificates or contact to [email protected]
- For other schedule, programs contact the overseas education college of Xiamen university at [email protected]
- For training plan of four weeks please contact the office of Confucius institute Affairs of Xiamen University at [email protected]
Division of Test and Scholarships at Hanban
Email: [email protected]
Fax: +86-10-58595727 E-mail: [email protected]
Admissions Office of Xiamen University
Add: 422 South Siming Road, Xiamen, Fujian Province, China 361005
Web: http://admissions.xmu.edu.cn Fax: +86-592-2180256
Tel: +86 (0)592 2184792 Email: [email protected]
Overseas Education College of Xiamen University (for the management and teaching of the programs of Chinese Language and Teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages)
Tel: +86 (0) 592 2186211 Fax: +86 (0) 592 2093346
Confucius Institute Affairs Office of Xiamen University (for the management and teaching of Four-Week Study programs)
Tel: 0086-592-2185303 Fax: 0086-592-2185382
Email: [email protected] Website: http://ocia.xmu.edu.cn
For further information, please click here