Opportunity ID 6817
Colombia Government offers scholarship for all nationalities who want to study their master’s or doctoral degree in Colombia .
Level of study:
- Master degree
Number of scholarships: 50 for all countries except Ecuador (there is a special scholarship for Ecuadorians)
Deadline: June 26, 2019
- Be a foreign citizen.
- Not have Colombian nationality.
- Not residing or having started studies in Colombia.
- Be under the age of 50 years old.
- Have an average of 4.0 out of 5.0 or its equivalent in the Colombian scale to apply the call.
- Have a professional or bachelor’s degree.
- Get admission to at least a graduate program that is in the Catalog of Academic Offer General Call 2019.
Scholarship benefit and coverage:
- Coverage of 100% of all of these costs awarded by the Colombian higher education institution (only for the academic programs that are included in the academic offer catalog, published in the call)
- BOOKS ICETEX
- will grant four hundred twenty-five thousand four hundred pesos ($ 425,400) for books and materials.
- HEALTH POLICY
- Medical and hospital assistance in Colombia during the study period in Colombia and is only for the scholarship holder, is not extended to family members.
- MONTHLY stipend of $ 2,484,348 Colombian pesos,
- INSTALLATION EXPENSES : Single grant of hundred twenty-five thousand four hundred pesos ($ 425,400)
- VISA Assistance
- The ICETEX will send letters to the consulates of Colombia abroad for the issuance of the “V” type courtesy visa (visitor) to the selected foreign scholars.
- UNEXPECTED expenses of two hundred and twenty one thousand three hundred and eighty four pesos ($ 221,384) for contingencies.
Note: Expenses other than those mentioned above are not covered by scholarship
- University admission letter: preadmission/admission letter from a Colombian university for a valid program starting in second semester of 2019.
- Recent academic letter of reference: letter from a university professor where the applicant finished his/her bachelor degree (the letter should be date 2019).
- DELE Exam score: the document of Spanish language proficiency scoring at least B2. Or have finished the university in Spanish language
- University certificate- transcript (English/Spanish): certifying the average grade point of the applicant in bachelor degree obtained at least 4 out 5.
- One essay (max 2 pages): describing the importance of study in Colombia, its impact in personal and professional development and plan after returning to you home country
- Copy of passport
- Copy of University diploma
- Health certificate
- Application form: Applicants should fill the following online form, save and print it
- CERTIFICATE OF PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE Certifications of professional experience of at least one year are required. These must contain the positions performed, the duration and the functions performed. (It is valid to attach certifications of internships, practices or labor contracts).
How to apply?
Applicants can download the catalog of available programs and submit up to 3 letters of admission. The documents must be sent in physical form to the ICETEX offices in Bogotá.
Address: Carrera 3 No 18-32.
Virtual files or files that arrive at ICETEX will not be evaluated after June 28, 2019. It is necessary for foreign candidates to carefully read the call and send only the required documents to ICETEX. Authenticated or notarized copies are accepted, according to the authorities of each country of origin. No original documents are required.
- Professional experience
- Coherence between the academic, work experience and the studies to be carried out
- Study Project
- Undergraduate Academic Average