Opportunity ID 11643
About The Challenge
To demonstrate the commitment of Impacting 1 billion people by 2025, Cisco has organized Cisco Global Problem Solver Challenge to recognize new innovative solutions from students and recent graduates around the world that enhance the use of technology for social impact.
The Cisco will award $350,000 USD in prize for successful ideas to help and accelerate the adoption of breakthrough technology, products, and services that are driving economic development and/or solving social or environmental issues.
If you have a new innovation in technology that affects social life globally you are most welcome to this challenge. Cisco is inspiring and empowering a generation of global problem solvers who will not only survive- but drive and thrive- in the increasingly digital economy.
Deadline: January 17, 2020 (5 pm PT)
This Challenge will provide 5 prizes with $300,000 value to the 5 best challengers and innovators.
- First team: $100,000 Grand Prize
- Second team: $75,000 First Runner Up
- Third Team: $25,000 Second Runner Up
- 4th Team: $10,000 Third Runner Up
- 5th Team: $10,000 Peoples’ Choice,
- $25,000 India impact Grand Prize
- $10,000 Runners Up
- $5,000 Peoples’ Choice,
The team that gets the most votes will be awarded the final prize.
Additionally, the winners will gain the opportunity to globally recognized.
- Deadline: Jan 17, 2020
- Semi-finalist submission: March 11, 2020- April 3, 2020
- Finalists announcement and people’s choice voting opening: May 5, 2020
- People Choice close: May 22, 2020
- Winners Announcement; May 27, 2020
The solution should use digital technology to positively impact society or the environment, consider entering in the areas of critical human needs such as water, food security, healthcare, financial inclusion, education, etc.
- Half of your team members must be Students in post Secondary institutions or have received a post-secondary degree after March 2018
- Individuals and team members should not be under 18 years of age.
- Recent graduate students can also apply
- You must be owned %25 of the business if you are entering a business.
- Your social solution must have a positive social /economic or environmental impact.
How to Apply
You must apply online as an individual or as a team member. Your team must have a minimum 5 members and your team leader must apply first. Please read the rules and regulations before you apply.
For more information please visit the CISCO Innovation Challenge