Opportunity ID 3220
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
The Chinese Ministry of Commerce offers “Chinese Government Scholarships” to fresh university graduates as well as the experienced professionals and government officials from developing countries, who have demonstrated excellent performance, both academically and in their work.
The program provides students with an opportunity to pursue a master’s degree in public policy at the School of Government of Peking University, and is aimed to help students learn both the successes and failures in China’s public policy making and management, so that they would understand more about how to manage political, economic and social development in developing countries as well as enhance their leadership and communication skills.
Application Deadline: June 29, 2018
Admission Notification: late July or early August, 2018
Registration: September 1, 2018
Program duration: 1 year
Language of instruction: English
Available seats: 25
What it covers:
- Tuition fee
- Monthly living allowance (36000RMB/year)
- Settlement allowance of 3000RMB
- One time round-trip international airfare
- Other study fees (books, field trip, English-taught assistant, tutor, etc.)
Who can apply?
- Be non-Chinese citizens from developing countries
- Have a Bachelor degree or above
- English proficiency: Non-native English speakers whose undergraduate education was not in English need to submit a test score of TOEFL 107 or above (iBT), 627 or above (PBT) or IELTS 7.0 or above in overall band score.
- Be in good physical conditions
- Recommended by the Economic and Commercial Counsellor’s Office of Chinese Embassy in the candidate’s country.
What is needed?
All the documents must be submitted in Chinese or English.
- Application Form
- Graduation certificate (original or certified copies)
- Official academic transcripts (original or certified copies)
- Personal statement (1500 words)
- Two letters of recommendation
- English language proficiency test results
- Two photocopy of valid passport
- Two recent passport-sized photos
- Physical Examination Form issued within one month before the application
How to apply?
First, applicants need to complete the “Application Form of Master Program in Public Policy in Peking University”, print out the form and sign their name and date on it. Then they must register for an account on the online application system of Chinese Scholarship Council and fill out the application form.
All the application materials in both hard copy (original and copy) and scanned copy must be submitted to the Economic and Commercial Counsellor’s Office of Chinese Embassy.
Applicants are also required to submit a written request to the Economic and Commercial Counsellor’s Office of Chinese Embassy for an official recommendation letter.
Address: Office for External Affairs, Room 122
School of Government, Peking University
Beijing 100871, China
Telephone: (86-10) 62755478
Fax: (86-10) 62755478
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (General Enquiry)
To know more about this scholarship please visit Peking University scholarship in Public Policy