Language Requirement TOEFLIELTSHSK(Chinese)
Fields of study Different
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Duration 2 4 Years
Language of Instruction EnglishChinese
Applications for the Chinese Government Scholarship-Nanjing University Postgraduate Programs for international students for the a.y. 2021-22 are now open. These scholarships are awarded to students from all across the world to help them undertake their research and studies at the postgraduate level at one of the top Chinese universities. The aim of the scholarships is to foster mutual understanding and friendship between China and the rest of the world. So, if you are wishing to study in China, this is right for you.
Application deadline: 31 March 2021
Enrolment date: September 2021
Host University: Nanjing University (NJU)
Study levels: Master and Doctoral
Duration: Master (2-3 years) and PhD level is 4 years.
Fields of study
The scholarship covers a wide range of academic disciplines at both levels. Click here to see the programs.
Students will receive the following scholarships during their study period:
- A stipend of 3,000 RMB for master’s and 3,500 RMB for doctoral;
- Tuition fees
- Insurance allowance of 800 RMB per annum;
- Lodging at the university’s international dormitory for the whole study duration.
To be eligible, candidates should meet the following criteria:
- Should be foreign citizens and be in a good health condition physically and mentally.
- Applicants should hold bachelor’s degrees to apply for a master’s degree and should not be over 35 years old.
- For a doctoral degree, applicants must possess their master’s degrees, and should not over 40 years.
Note: For those who are expected to obtain their degrees in 2021, they should submit a pre-graduation letter confirming they meet the competency required to complete their study and obtain the degree by July of 2021.
Language requirements: the programs are taught in two languages i.e., Chinese and English.
For PROGRAMS taught in CHINESE:
Requirement for Admission:
- new HSK level 4 for: Natural sciences, engineering & medicine;
- new HSK level 5: Liberal arts, social sciences & business;
Requirements for graduation:
- new HSK level 5 for: Natural sciences, engineering & medicine;
- new HSK level 6 for Liberal arts, social sciences & business;
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ENGLISH-medium PROGRAMS:
- Admission requirement: IELTS 6.0/TOEFL 85/Duolingo 100
- Requirement for Graduation: new HSK level 3.
Students will be evaluated yearly according to their academic performance and conduct. Moreover, they should take part in the annual assessment to clarify the fate of their scholarship (continuation or cancellation).
How to apply?
Application is online and applicants should apply online at two places: first, on the CSC website; and second, at NJU’s China International Student Service System.
The specific procedure is as follows.
- Register and apply HERE. The Agency No., please choose “10284”; for Programme Type, please choose “B”). After filling in the online form, please “submit” and download the application form.
- Register and apply at NJU’s China International Student Service System:
*Choose “CSC Scholarship” for the program type.
1) CSC Scholarship Application Form;
2) Academic transcripts;
3) Certificate of your highest degree;
4) Two recommendation letters from the professors of the school you last studied at;
5) Valid test certificates as described above);
6) Detailed proposal for study and research in China;
7) List of publications in professional or scientific journals & representative papers or synopses of articles (optional);
9) First page of your passport;
10) Certificate of non-criminal background;
11) Applicants for the doctoral programs also need to provide the abstract of their master’s program’s graduation dissertation.
Note: All documents should be in English or Chines language. If they are in another language, they should be accompanied by a certified Chinese or English translation.
For further questions, please get in touch with:
Ms. Zhong Qiaorui, Scholarship Coordinator
Institute for International Students
Email: [email protected]
Or, refer to the official scholarship link for more information.