Degree BachelorMasterPH.DNon Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
Fields of study All
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Language of Instruction EnglishChinese
Opportunity ID 91024
Applications are now open for the Chinese Government Scholarship Bilateral Program for international students for A.Y. 2021. Bilateral Program is a full or partial scholarship initiated by the Chinese Ministry of Education according to the educational exchange agreements between the Chinese government and the government of other nations, international organizations, and universities.
The bilateral program supports four recipient categories such as undergraduate students, postgraduate students, general scholars, and senior scholars who can study at Chinese Zhejiang University with the bilateral program’s support. Therefore, applicants can consult the dispatching agencies of their own countries for the available programs at ZJU.
Application deadline: in general, it goes on from January to April each year but please consult the relevant authorities for specific deadlines.
Study level: Bachelor, Master, Doctoral, General and Senior Scholars
Duration (years): the scholarship covers both major study and preparatory language courses.
Bachelor: 4-7; Master: 2-5; PhD: 3-6; General scholars: up to 2, and Senior scholars: up to 2 years
Undergraduate level: Chinese
Graduate and non-degree courses: Either English or Chinese (if applicable)
The Bilateral Program is Type A in the Chinese Scholarship Council (CSC) covering:
- Tuition fees;
- Free accommodation on campus;
- Monthly stipend according to standards in place);
- Broad medical insurance;
- International travel costs: self-financed;
Fields of study:
The Bilateral Program covers undergraduate and postgraduate programs, including one-semester program and a one-year Chinese language program.
Applicants should meet the following criteria to be eligible.
- Must be a citizen of a foreign country and be in good health condition.
- Should be a high school graduate below the age of 25 when applying for the undergraduate programs;
- Hold a bachelor’s degree below the age of 35 when applying for the master’s programs;
- Have a master’s degree holder under the age of 40 while applying for the Ph.D. programs;
- Be under the age of 45 and have a high school diploma (or higher to apply for the general scholar programs;
- Hold a master’s degree or an associate professor (or above) below 50 when applying for the senior scholar programs.
- Each applicant can only apply for one scholarship.
The application for this program is online. So applicants should complete the below steps to complete their application.
1st step – Apply to the dispatching authorities for foreign study of your home country for CGS opportunity;
2nd step – Apply to your target university for the Pre-admission Letter once recommended by the dispatching authorities as an eligible candidate (you will receive an Award Letter for CGS Candidate);
3th step – Complete the online application procedure.
4th step – Submit all of your application documents to the dispatching authorities of your home country before the deadline.
Zhejiang University does not accept applications directly though it is your target university.
Online applications are submitted through the application and admission system for international students.
. Applicants who need pre-admission letters MUST first obtain Form for Provisional Acceptance of International Student by ZJU supervisor, log on to the online Application & Admission System and send the paper version of the online application form respectively to:
master’s degree programs: [email protected]
doctoral degree programs: [email protected]
Undergraduate programs and language programs applicants for (general & senior scholars) do NOT need to provide ZJU the above form.
NOTE: Only candidates whose applications have been recommended by the dispatching authorities will be evaluated. Candidates holding a Pre-admission Letter will be introduced to the host university; candidates without the Pre-admission Letter should agree with CSC’s university decision placement.
- Application Form for CGS (in Chinese or English).
- Official highest diploma (copy) showing your current status or expected graduation date. Documents not in English or Chinese should include Chinese or English translation.
- Academic degree transcripts
- Study plan or a research proposal. The word limits: at least 200 words for undergraduate, 500 words for non-degree, and 800 words for graduate students).
- Master’s program applicants or senior scholars must submit two letters of recommendation in Chinese or English signed by their university professor.
- A CD of applicants’ own work (only for art students).
- Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form, written in English, found here. The Physical examinations must have all the items mentioned in the Form. It is only required for those who intend to reside in china for over 6 months.
- Copy of Pre-admission Letter from a chosen Chinese university if available.
- Copy of HSK certificate (if available).
Note: All documents need to be combined on the top left corner in the sequence of 1 to 10. TWO sets of bound documents need to be submitted by you.
Scholarship verification and university placement
Different factors, for example, the different scholarship funding requirements of every country, the host university’s teaching capacity, study length, and candidates’ criteria inferred from their documents, all combine to play a role in the evaluation process.
Notification of results
CSC reviews the placement results, verifies the final list of scholarship recipients, and sends the application documents to the Chinese embassy or consulate before 31 July 2022. Then, the Chinese embassy or consulate will forward the application documents, on the whole, to the involved authorities or scholarship recipients.
For further details of the scholarship, you may go through the Chinese Government Scholarship-Bilateral Program.