Language Requirement Not Required
Fields of study Different
Opportunity Type : Fully FundedPartially Funded
Duration 2 4 Years
Language of Instruction EnglishChinese
Opportunity ID 86652
The Chinese Government Scholarship _Chinese University Program is a fully- and partially-funded scholarship designed by the Chinese Ministry of Education to support Chinese universities to accept remarkable international students for postgraduate studies at Zhejiang University (ZJU) in China.
Zhejiang University is one of the leading universities which runs the full-time above-mentioned postgraduate program for the academic year of 2021 to attract postgraduate students at Masters and Doctoral levels.
Application deadline: March 10th, 2021
Levels of study: Master’s and PhD
Ph.D.: 3-4 years
Master’s: 2-3 years
Mediums of Instruction: students can register for both English-medium and Chinese-medium programs (if applicable).
Benefits of scholarship
These scholarships are in two categories:
Type A: Full scholarship
- Tuition fees;
- Free accommodation on campus;
- Monthly stipend: according to relevant standards);
- Extensive medical insurance;
- International travel costs: self-sponsored;
Type B: Partial scholarship: Covers all the above costs except tuition fees.
In case of a partial scholarship, the scholarship coverage should be subject to the relevant regulations of the Chinese Scholarship Council (CSC).
- Citizens of foreign countries in good health conditions are eligible to apply.
- Scholarship applicants must fulfill the qualifications for postgraduate admissions at Zhejiang University. Please refer to the admission bulletins for details (available in the main link).
- Applicants with bachelor’ Degree Diplomas earned from Top 500 World Universities according to the Shanghai Ranking or Zhejiang University’s foreign partner universities are welcome to apply.
- Applicants should not be recipients of any other Chinese scholarships.
Evaluation and notification of the result
Zhejiang University will examine all the application materials. Decisions for awarding the scholarships rely on the applicant’s competitiveness, academic excellence, and other predefined standards. The list of Scholarship recipients will come out in late July or early August 2021.
How to apply?
The application for this scholarship is through post or in person; therefore, applicants should submit their complete applications using the above way to the Office of Admissions (postgraduate program) of the International College of Zhejiang University, before the deadline. Application materials sent via email are not accepted.
Required application documents
Besides the application documents (educational) for admissions, ZJU Scholarship applicants must provide the following complementary materials. (The following application materials must be in duplicate and placed on the top of all the documents):
- Application Form for the Zhejiang University Scholarship for International Postgraduate Students.
- A recent photograph (white background, 35mm×45mm in size).
* You must first log on the online Application & Admission System for International Students, Zhejiang University here to fill in the form, and then print and sign the form. You should also add the form to other submittable including the following.
- Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form (filled in English). The medical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital, or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid.
- 2021 Version of Form for Provisional Acceptance of International Student by ZJU Professor. (Compulsory for all)
- Scholarship Applicants are strongly encouraged to provide GRE, NTS-GAT test scores.
- Application materials will NOT be returned regardless of the result of the application.
- The application package should be named “Application for Zhejiang University Scholarship 2021”
University’s Contact Information
Using the below contact information, you can send your application documents to the reception office.
Room 418, International College Building, West Zone, Zi-jin-gang Campus, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, China
Post Code: 310058
Email: [email protected] (for masters)
And [email protected] (for doctoral)
Fax: +86 571 87951755
For further information and conditions concerning this scholarship important to international applicants, visit the Zhejiang University’s website.