Opportunity ID 4964
Location: New York City, USA Deadline: December 1, 2018 (9:00 am EST)
Institution: Center for Ballets and Arts (CBA) of New York University (NYU)
If you are an artist or scholars willing to develop your self-directed project expanding the way of thinking about ballet’s history, practice and performance and share their profession and thoughts with others you can apply to fellowships offered by Center for Ballet and the Arts (CBA).
There are various type of fellowships provided by CBA such as Resident fellowship, Virginia B. Toulmin Fellowship for women leaders in Dance, Fellowship for the study of Russia and Ballet, Director’s fellowship and artistic partnership initiative. the application for Resident fellowship is open now. read the details below:
Resident fellowship provides the opportunity for scholars and artists of all disciplines to develop a self-driven project, work at the center and share their expertise with others. This is paid fellowship that covers the fellow’s expenses.
Fellowship period: September 2019- May 2020
Duration: varies based on the fellow’s project from one month to one year.
Benefits of Resident fellowship:
- Weekly Stipend of 750 USD
- Accessibility to studio and office space
- An Apartment as needed
- A book
- A ballet
- A film
- Digital series of lectures
- Round trip transportation
- J-1 visa facilitation
What is expected from the fellows?
The fellows are expected to:
- Work at the CBA for the majority of time being residing at the center
- Present / lead a seminar or lecture on the research area
- Participate at the weekly fellow seminars and CBA public events
- Submission of feedback per request
Who can apply to be a fellow?
- Artist or scholar working a real project related to ballet and its related arts and sciences
- Demonstrate promise and / or have important achievement in their field
- Applicants who are applying as scholars must have a PhD
- Applicants do not need to have ballet expertise
- Students cannot apply
Similar opportunities you may like to apply
Required documents (in English)
- Online application form
- CV/Resume (max. 4 pages)
- 2 work samples including document and video
- 2 recommendation letter ( the recommendation form will be sent to referees)
interested artists and scholars can apply online before the deadline (December 1, 2018)
For more information please visit the Center for Ballet and Arts resident Fellowship