Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
No. of Opportunity 10
Fields of study Different
Opportunity Type : Fully FundedPartially Funded
Duration One Month
Language of Instruction English
Opportunity ID 116375
Universities of Cambridge and Oxford, UK offer various summer programs for students from all countries to participate in an immersive program at these universities in the UK. For 2021-22, they have launched Immerse Education Essay Competition for students who wish to demonstrate their academic skills. Students meeting the criteria can write and submit an essay in response to a pre-defined set of questions related to their favorite subject.
Therefore, if you are an ambitious student passionate for attending an immersive program at Ox of Cam, this is the essay competition rightly for you.
Opening date: 31 March 2021
Closing date: 1 September 2021
Notification of result: 1 October 2021
Summer program dates: July-August 2021
Location: United Kingdom
Number of first-place winners: 10
Number of runners-up: will be determined as per the number of submissions received as well as their quality.
Benefits & prizes
- First-place winners will receive a fully-funded scholarship to attend the immerse summer program at the 2 institutions.
- There will be 10 main winners across the immerse education contest.
- Runners up will receive partial scholarships of 70 percent to participate in the summer program.
The program also covers participation fee including:
– 13 nights of accommodation in a central college of the University of Cambridge or the University of Oxford
– Breakfast and dinner in College Hall
– Housing in a separate bedroom
– 40 hours of academic sessions from Oxford University and Cambridge University tutors
– Specifically designed study and lecture materials
– Mentorship program and access to support material
– All tours- including formal dinner at Cambridge colleges, punting, croquet
– Broad insurance
– 2 coach excursions including a trip to Oxford
– Graduation Ceremony and Certificate
– Tutor written assessment
The program does not include travel to and from in the participation fee.
Who are eligible to apply?
- Students from all nationalities who will be at the age of 13 to 18 during the summer of 2022 can submit their essays to the competition.
- All students interested in the subjects ranging for architecture to programming, economy and business to medicine can enter.
What should you submit?
The essay questions are predefined according to students’ age group and chosen subject. Hence, students need to consult the Full Essay Lists so that they find their interest in their field reflected.
There are 20 subjects from which students can choose to study.
Apply to other competitions:
- 2021 Word Bank Youth Summit Competition for Youths: Resilient Recovery for People & Planet
- ‘One Photo Challenge’ 2021 Photography Competition for Keen Photographers ($5,000 prize)
- ‘Music against Child Labor Competition’ 2021 for Musicians Worldwide (over € 2,000 prizes)
- Call for Applications: International Holy Qur’an Recitation Competition (USD 7,000 Prizes)
How to submit?
Participants can submit their essays online through an entry form.
To read about the essay specifics/format and rules and regulations of the competition, you are advised to visit the OFFICIAL LINK.