Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Duration 6 11 Weeks
Opportunity ID 9563
Camargo Foundation presents its flagship program, the Core Program that awards residency to those who can impact and bring ground-breaking experiments, interdisciplinary approaches, and researches in Arts and Humanities. Every year, the program receives more than 1000 submissions out of which only 18 (individuals/teams) will get the opportunity to become fellows and get residency in a contemplative and stunning environment. The fellows will have the facilities to think, create and connect. The participants can apply as either artists, thinkers, or scholars whichever category fits their skills and knowledge.
- Deadlines: October 1st, 2021
- Duration: 6 to 11 weeks (2022 – 2023)
- Fall 2022
8 weeks from September 8 to November 3
• Spring 2023
6 weeks from February 15 to March 29
8 weeks from February 15 to April 12
11 weeks from February 15 to May 3
- Location: Paris, France
- Funding organization(s): Camargo Foundation
- Number of opportunities: 18 (9 thinkers &scholars and 9 artists)
- Application method: Individual or team of 6 (maximum)
- Selection criteria:
- Proposal Quality
- Significance and quality of professional accomplishments (of the applicant)
- The fit between required specifications and the proposal
- Or the connection of the proposal to the Aix-Marseille-Provence area
- The relevancy and need of acquiring the residency at the current stage of the applicant’s career
- The fellow must not accept any form of employment as all of the time should be dedicated to the program.
- If documents and other submissions are not in English, the use of a professional translator is recommended
The following will be covered/provided:
- $ 250 per week stipend
- Basic transportation costs
- Travel (basic coach class booked)
- Additional grants that help with the project
- Facilities and workspace (library, conference room, 13 furnished apartments, and etc.)
- Invitation letters will be provided if needed
Applicants From all over the world can apply to this fellowship program:
- Proficiency in English (knowing French is useful but not a requirement)
- Artists (visual artists, choreographers, performance artists, theater directors, and etc. )
- Scholars (PhD, Postdoctoral, or at the final stage of PhD)
- Thinkers (journalists, curators, urban planners, critics, independent scholars and etc.)
- Proposal Narrative
- Rationale for intending to work at Camargo
- Rationale for why residency is suitable for you
- 2 references
- Artists need to submit samples
How to apply:
After opening the application page, please select the category that suits you the best.
Please read all the guidelines before applying.
Also, there will be an Informational Webinar for the interested applicants. (SEPTEMBER 16th). please check the website on 6th September to get the webinar link.
If you have any queries, please contact at [email protected]
For more information please go to the official website of Camargo Core Program.