Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Language of Instruction English
The 2020-21 entries for (Poetry, Art, Speech & Song) competition are now open. This year’s theme is ‘The Unheard Voices of Conflict: Stories from Around the World’. To participate, you can share your reflections on conflict or give a voice to those who may not have one and be impacted by conflict. So, prepare and join this contest if you think you are eligible.
In order to inspire your poetry, art, speech or song, use the 5Ws to explore the theme:
Who? This can be a conflict that has affected you / your family, or you could bring to attention someone else’s story.
What? Conflict appears in many forms. What conflict affects you?
When? You can look at a historical or current conflict.
Where? This could be within your local community or across the world.
Why? New voices and perspectives are important if we are to understand the genuine impact of conflict.
Submission deadline: 19 March 2021
Announcement of results: Before or on May 1, 2021
Organizer: Never Such Innocence (NSI)
Winners in the four categories of the competition will win prizes as follows:
- First Prize Poetry Winners in all age categories: Special virtual poetry workshop with the brilliant Nik Perring!
- First Prize Art Winners in all age categories: Bespoke art pack from Pegasus Art!
- First Prize Speech Winners in all age categories: Bespoke writing pack!
- First Prize Song Winners in all age categories: Special virtual songwriting workshop with the amazing Bethzienna!
- First, Second and Third Prize winners receive a special NSI Winners Notebook kindly sponsored by Nametags4U!
There are four categories in the competition:
Read more about specifics of entry for each category through the main link at the bottom of the page.
- Young school students and individuals from around the world can enter the competition.
- Participants have to choose one of the categories above and reflect on in view of the theme.
- The age limit is 11-18 for participants which are divide into four categories (see the main link).
- Entries from entrants at the age of 15 and under must be submitted by an adult (e.g. parent/guardian or teacher) on behalf of the entrant for which entrant gives consent.
- There is no entry fee.
How to join the competition?
Interested applicants can enter the competition online by specifying their entry category and making a submission through the following links accordingly.
For individual entry click HERE.
For group category click HERE.
For multiple entries click on this link.
- Participants may enter each category once – Poetry, Art, Speech, and Song – a total of four entries per person.
- Please don’t filter your entries – every single participant receives a special personalized Certificate of Commendation!
- An individual submitting one piece of work should use the Individual Entry Form.
- In case a group of young people have a work to enter, they should use a Group Entry Form mentioning everyone’s names on the entry form, so that all of the group members receive a certificate.
- And, in the case of many entries by different people, the Multiple Entry Form should be used.
For more information about the competition rules, examples of previous works as well as to get an idea on how to start, you had better visit the official link.
In case of any questions, just ask via [email protected].