Opportunity ID 6754
Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
If you are focused on advancing the energy transition, creating low carbon businesses, and mitigating the impact of climate change, you are invited to apply for BP Advancing Energy Scholarship to attend One Young World Summit 2019.
It is great opportunity for young leaders to apply for this scholarship to attend one of largest summit in the world connecting young leaders. This scholarship is supporting leaders who fulfill the demands of energy and low carbon future.
Candidates who is:
- Creating new low-carbon energy and business solutions
- Working for improvement of current renewable technologies such as solar, wind and biofuels
- Increasing access to, and the affordability of, renewable energy for developing countries
One young World Summit is one of the largest summit held annually to identify, promote and connects the most impactful young leaders around the world. More than 2000 young leaders come together in this summit to work for social impact acceleration and making a better world with more responsibility and effective leadership.
Number of scholarships: 30
Program date: October 22-25 , 2019
Location: London, United Kingdom
The scholarship provides all expenses of the following:
- Free participation to One Young World Summit 2019
- Participation at advancing energy workshop with BP delegates
- Travel expenses from and to applicant’s home country
- Hotel accommodation in a single room during the summit
- Catering including meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner during these days.
- Local transport between summit venue and accommodation
- Summit materials
- Discretionary fund for out of pocket expenses related to the summit
Who can apply?
Young leaders can apply to this scholarship if they meet the following criteria:
- Between the age of 18 and 30. Applicants older than 30 year will also be considered if they demonstrate appropriate personal impact, initiative and interest to engage.
- Citizen of any country can apply
- Not be employed by the BP Group of companies
- Make an impact in minimum one of the following arenas:
- Development of renewable energy solution
- Accessibility of renewable energy solution
- Climate change adaption
- Environmental protection
The applicants will be selected by the following criteria:
- the evidence of social impact they demonstrate,
- leadership skill and capacity,
- having impactful and innovative background
- understanding of key local and/or global issues
How to apply:
Applicants can apply online