Opportunity ID 113920
Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
Fields of study Sustainable Development Studies
Opportunity Type : Partially Funded
Duration 3-12 months
Language of Instruction English
Applications are now open for SDG Fellowships offered by the University of Bonn. Launching a funding line, the university invites post-doctoral scientists from all disciplines to conduct research during their stay primarily on a topic addressed in the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) outlined by the United Nations in its Agenda 2030 for Sustainable Development. As part of the fellowship, the scholars should research and teach at the University of Bonn for one or two semesters.
Application deadline: 1 May 2022
Host institution: University of Bonn
Funding period: Minimum 3 months but not more than one year
Funding start time: January 2022 (at the earliest) and no later than July 2022
The fellowship funding can cover the following:
- A travel allowance (dependent on applicants’ home country)
- A grant of € 3,000 per month (additional funds for family members: about € 300 for a spouse and € 250 per child)
- A research expense allowance of up to € 500/month can be submitted to the International Office after the fellowship has been awarded. Applicants will receive information on applying for the allowance when the fellowship is awarded.
- Insurance and accommodation are not included in the scholarship.
- The fellowship is open to post-PhD scholars in the three below-mentioned regions.
- Post-doctoral Scholars working or teaching at a research institute or university in the regions i.e. Africa, Asia and South America are especially welcome to apply.
- Applicants should hold foreign citizenship other than German.
- Post-doctoral scientists who can demonstrate demonstrable expertise in a field of research from the thematic spectrum of the SDGs are eligible.
How to apply?
Application is online and must be submitted by a professor at the host institution together with the fellow.
The applications will be reviewed on the basis of the following criteria:
- The quality of the research project to be undertaken during the stay in Bonn
- Work on or contribution of the topic to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- Significance of the research topic to developments in the region of origin
- Participants’ contribution to academic life in Bonn (e.g. via public lectures, seminars or colloquiums)
- The fellow’s incorporation into the host institute (place of work, integration into existing teaching and research activities)
- Resultant value: a plan for future cooperation projects between the fellow and the host institute in Bonn
Your application should include:
- Online form (filled)
- Project description (PDF of max. 8 pages), consisting of:
- A summary of the research project proposed
- Reasons for the fellow’s invitation and an explanation of his or her contribution to research and teaching at the University of Bonn, an outline of the actions through which the fellow will enhance university life at the University of Bonn during his or her stay there
- An outline of the collaboration between the applicant and the fellow so far
- A summary of the incorporation of the fellow into the host institute
- An outline of follow-on value
- Fellow’s CV (PDF)
- A financing scheme for the (please use the following Excel table, download here)
For more information, please have a review over the official link.
For questions, you may contact:
- International Office, Partnerships and International Researchers
- Mira Zöller
- Phone: +49 228 73-60617
- Email: email@example.com