Language Requirement IELTS
Fields of study Different
Opportunity Type : Fully FundedPartially Funded
Language of Instruction English
Overview of the scholarship:
Bond University is committed to providing a high-level Higher Degree Research (HDR) experience to assure students succeed in their research and research training through awarding Ph.D. scholarships. The availability of financial stipend is a key part of the research training environment. Bond University allots funds to support the financial costs of students arising from fees and living expenses.
Application deadlines- HDR Scholarship rounds open twice a year:
First Round: 1 February – 31 March 2021
Second Round: 1 August- 30 September 2021 (5 pm EST) for both (RTP) and (PRS) Programs
Scholarship level: doctoral degree
The scholarship award amounts to $28,597 per year for the 2021 full-time stipend rate.
Types of HDR scholarships_ there are two kinds of these scholarships:
- Postgraduate Research Scholarships (provided by Bond University)
The bond university offers a limited number of scholarships to domestic and foreign DOCTORAL students who aspire to continue their education through a Higher Degree Research (HDR) Ph.D. program. The Bond Postgraduate Research Scholarship (BUPRS) application processes are highly competitive. BUHDR Scholarships Committee meets twice yearly to award the scholarships through a merit-based selection process only to those who have academic excellence and strong research potential.
- The scholarship applications are accepted from those HDR students who are studying or intend to study, a PhD by Research at Bond University.
- The scholarship only accepts commencing PhD students for full-time on-campus study, and master students are not eligible for this scholarship.
- All applicants must have a valid Letter of Offer for enrolment in an HDR program, issued by Bond University before applying for this scholarship.
- Research Training Program (RTP)
This is provided by the Australian Commonwealth Government and Bond University. The Australian Government Research Training Program (RTP) stipends are provided to cover the general living costs of both domestic and abroad students pursuing Research Doctorate degrees.
Description (almost similar to no. 1)
A definite number of scholarships are granted to domestic and foreign doctoral students who wish to pursue their education through a PhD program. The RTP scholarship is also awarded as a result of a competitive application process.
It is the same as the No.1 above because the scholarship providers are almost the same.
How to apply?
The application process has three steps for both types:
The first two steps must be completed before applying (step 3) that will take 4-6 weeks. So make sure to allow yourself and the faculty enough time before the deadline closes.
(1) Expression of Interest (EOI) to Faculty:
Your first step is to submit an Expression of Interest (EOI)
Once you have submitted your Expression of Interest, you will be notified by the Faculty if successful, and guided to make an application for admission to an HDR program.
You can do this HERE.
(2) Apply for admission to Bond University:
To apply for an HDR program, students need to meet the required academic entry requirements, as well as get the visa, residency, and meet the English proficiency criteria.
Required documents for application for both scholarships:
- Academic transcripts
- Tertiary Preparation Programs
- Vocational education and training credentials (Certificate IV and above)
- Previous higher education experience (at this university or another)
- Certificates of completion
- A guide to a grading system
- Special Tertiary Admissions Test (STAT)
- Official English translations of documents that are not in English
- English Language Test Results
- Professional or para-professional educations/experience
Employment experience attested by a statement of service from the employer on letterhead or by email indicating the position title and duration of service and a very short statement on the tasks undertaken.
- Resume /CV
- Any other documents needed for specific programs
- For submitting your application you will need to upload all the necessary documents and verify the application declaration.
When submitting your documents, please remember:
- The documents should be scanned to A4 size
- Each document is scanned and uploaded separately
- The document file size does not exceed 10MB
- Only letters, numbers or spaces to be used in the file names
You can apply for credit (also known as Advanced Standing) in the framework of the online application. If applying for credit, you will need to provide additional documentation including:
- A copy of verified subject outlines for the year in which the subjects were successfully taken (please read here for further information)
- An approved translation if the documents are not in the English language
You will receive an email from Bond University to confirm your application submission was successful. Should you have trouble with your application, please call the Office of Future Students on +61 7 5595 1024.
(3) Apply for scholarship:
(You must receive a letter of admission to Bond University and apply using the online application form below). You can apply for any of the two rounds (1st round is now open).
Means of submission
Steps 1-2: as outlined above – the 2 steps must be completed before applying for the scholarship
Step 3 – Finally, apply for a Scholarship via the online application system.
Reminder: once your application for admission has been accepted, and you have obtained your Letter of Offer, you may then apply for a scholarship. Make sure you read the new Assessment of Scholarship Applications Framework to assist you with your application.
Note: if you have applied to a bond university scholarship before, you cannot reapply for any of the two scholarships. For this round, later or incomplete applications are not accepted.