Language Requirement Not Required
Fields of study Different
Opportunity Type : Partially Funded
Language of Instruction English
About the scholarship
Former and 8th UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-Moon Center in cooperation with MCI provides scholarships to support and fund student’s studies who have been engaged and committed to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and seek to further engage with and advance these goals during their studies.
This scholarship under the patronage of Excellency Ban Ki-moon shall help students engaged in the SDGs to study and thrive at a prestigious university institution in Europe.
Application deadline: 31 March 2021
Program start: Fall intake 2021
University: Management Center Innsbruck (MCI), The Entrepreneurial School
Mediums of instruction: English and Deutsch
Fields of study
MASTER (English-medium programs)
- Corporate Governance & Finance (online)
- Entrepreneurship & Tourism
- Environmental, Process & Energy Engineering (full-time)
- European Health Economics & Management
- International Business & Law
- International Business & Management
- International Health & Social Management
- Management, Communication & IT
- Mechatronics & Smart Technologies (full-time)
- Medical Technologies
- Digital Business MBA (DE & E)
- Executive MBA (E)
- Digital Economy & Leadership MSC (online)
- Digital Marketing & Analytics MSC (online)
- Management & Leadership MSC
Value and benefit of scholarship
The scholarship is worth up to 10,000 Euro and is only applicable to first year of applicants’ study of the respective master programs. It is aimed at covering tuition fees and cannot be used to cover other expanses.
BAN KI-MOON Scholarships are open to fresh students as follows:
- For all masters’ programs: Nationals of Non-EU countries
- For all Executive masters’ programs: All nationals
- Applicants should meet other requirements and apply.
Selection criteria regarding the SDGs
Applications will be selected in light of the following criteria:
Current (or past) commitment to the SDGs
- Degree and nature of engagement/commitment
- Evidence provided
- Impact gained
Future commitment to the SDGs
- Feasibility of the defined goals
- Match and congruence of applicant’s SDG focus and chosen MCI degree
- The potential impact of applicants´ goals
It has two stages: the pre-selection stage and the interview stage.
The following weighting metrics are important in the final decision:
- 50% submitted documents
- 50% interview with the jury
How to apply?
Qualified applicants can prepare their applications thoroughly and apply online.
- Copy of submitted application to MCI masters’ programs
- Written application & CV
- Bachelor degree educational documents
- Non-European citizenship (excluding Executive Master)
- Language proficiency proof
- A statement (about 500 words) that expresses the applicant’s current (or past) commitment to one or several SDGs including reference to concrete evidence/documentation.
- A motivation letter describing the applicant’s future goals in support of the SDG(s) and explaining how their chosen MCI degree will help them attain these aims. The motivation letter should also express how applicants would benefit from the awarded scholarship (financial aspects).
Visit Ban Ki-Moon Scholarship on the MCI website for more information.