Language Requirement Not Required
Fields of study Different
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Language of Instruction English
Opportunity ID 114022
The Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR) of Singapore offers PhD scholarships to both Singaporeans and outstanding international students to pursue their doctoral degree and undertake a one-year research program at an A*STAR Research Institute in Singapore.
The National Science Scholarship (PhD) funds Ph.D. studies for up to five years. Successful candidates are required to complete a one-year paid research attachment at an A*STAR Research Institute before their PhD studies.
The deadline for this scholarship depends on the starting year of Research Attachment (RA) and has two rounds for 2022-23.
RA in September of 2022: 1 March 2022 (closed)
RA in 2023: 1 October 2022
Awarding institution: Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR)
Duration: Up to five years (with one-year research attachment)
Fields of study:
The scholarship funds study in these programs: biomedical sciences, physical sciences and engineering.
Successful applicants will receive the following support* for up to five years:
- Complete tuition fees
- Monthly subsistence allowance, inclusive of CPF contribution (where applicable)
- Monthly overseas living stipend
- Annual return airfare
- Conference allowance
- Thesis allowance
- Computer allowance
- Warm clothing and accommodation allowance
To be eligible for this scholarship, applicants should have the following requirements:
- Be Singaporeans and nationals of other foreign countries intending to take up Singapore citizenship.
- Demonstrate solid interest in a research career
- Hold an undergraduate degree in the fields above or those relevant.
- Possess exceptional undergraduate results (preferably 1st Class Honours Degree or a corresponding level) in relevant disciplines
- Have applied or be applying for a doctoral program at a renowned global university
Other similar opportunities in Singapore:
- Singapore International Pre-Graduate Award (SIPGA) for International Students
- SUTD Undergraduate Programs for International Students 2022 in Singapore
- Asian Development Bank Scholarship at National University of Singapore (MBA)
How to apply?
Apply online through the link below. You should submit your application and supporting documents by the deadline.
Read more information through the National Science Scholarship (Ph.D.).