Opportunity ID 5051
Deadline: November 25, 2018
Grant by: International Development Research Center (IDRC ) and Canada government
Amount of grants: USD 970,000 for each chair
Organizer: The African Institute for Mathematical Sciences (AIMS)
Duration: 4 years
Number of spots: 3
If you are an outstanding female scientists from Africa or the countries outside Africa who want to do research in climate change and the research addresses the SDGs including Zero Hunger, Good health and will-being, Sustainable cities and communities, and other SDGs.
Who is eligible for this research grant?
- Be a female
- Obtained a PhD in quantitative disciplines such as applied mathematics, climatology, physics, chemistry, computer science, statistical ecology, or engineering or related fields
- Potential self-directed and self-initiated research in climate change science
- Minimum two years of postdoctoral experience
- Have experience of supervising Master’s and/or PhD students
- Be able to take up the Chair by December 2018
Application should be submitted online.
- Research proposal form
- Motivation letter
- E-copy of three representative publications in climate Change science that the applicant be the lead or senior author
- Three referees- should send the confidential letters of support to the email: firstname.lastname@example.org indicating MS4CR chair application letter – first and last name of the candidate in the subject line.
For further details please visit the AIMS-Canada Research Chair