Opportunity ID 149357
Language Requirement Not Required
Opportunity Type : Fully FundedPartially Funded
Duration 5 years
Language of Instruction English
About the scholarship
Agha Khan University (AKU) in Islamabad_ Pakistan’s first private university and one of the leading higher education institutions has announced the opening of application for its bachelor degree scholarship for Pakistani and overseas students for the academic year 2021/22. All students living in Pakistan or foreign applicants can apply for this scholarship to study for their bachelor’s degree in medicine at AKU in Pakistan.
Application deadline: 28 July 2021
Host Institution: Agha Khan University, Medical College
Duration: 5 years
Level of study: Bachelor
Fields of study: bachelor of medicine and bachelor of surgery (MBBS)
- Upon acceptance into an academic program at AKU, a student who cannot afford to pay for the cost of study at the university may apply for financial assistance. For the financial information including the student’s fee-paying status, fee structure for the 2021-2022 session, and financial assistance click HERE.
- The university offers five fully funded scholarships [entrance scholarships-renewable] to students joining MBBS program. This is a merit-based scholarship.
- The university provides accommodation but there is a fee for it.
- Candidates in Pakistan or overseas, who have successfully obtained and are obtaining their HSSC / graduate / postgraduate education with at least 70% mark or with a GPA of 3.0 on a 4-point scale in 2021 by the dates stipulated for submission in this catalog and fulfill the eligibility criteria are eligible to apply.
- Candidates will have to take the admission test and pass it successfully (see official link for details).
- The medical college has no preference for a particular type of education and preparation.
- Candidates need to have sufficient proficiency in the English language both verbal and written as the medium of teaching at AKU is English.
- Having a good working knowledge of and skills in Urdu is highly preferable.
- Besides meeting minimum academic eligibility criteria and successfully completing the University’s admission processes as indicated in this brochure for AKU, all candidates (in Pakistan and overseas) must satisfy the Pakistan Medical Commission (PMC) requirements and regulations applicable at the time of entrance to medical colleges in Pakistan. Currently, this involves the submission of MDCAT test scores. This test is managed by PMC.
The University accepts students for its programs based on merit and potential for leadership. Merit will be weighed in view of multiple criteria including academic achievements, performance on an AKU Admission Test and interviews, fruitful use of time, and other experiences demonstrating the potential for leadership.
- University of Lampung Bachelor, Master and PhD Scholarships for Afghan Students in Indonesia
- Postgraduate Scholarships for 8 South Asian Countries at the University of Dundee in the UK
How to apply?
Application is online and therefore applicants should submit their applications through the following link.
In cases applicants are not able to access the online portal, candidates may request for a paper-based application by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates completing the paper-based should follow the instructions mentioned within the form for fee payment and submission.
At the rime of application:
- Relevant pages of passport
- Application fees (for applicants from AKU residential countries namely countries in which Agha Khan University has services is Rs. 7400 and for Applicants from AKU non-residential countries is US$ 375/)
- Grade transcripts of 10th grade or equivalent ‘
- High school transcript
- Undergraduate/postgraduate transcript for applicants applying (with an already obtained degree)
For more information about the program, its particulars, and important dates for 2021-22 admission, please visit the official link.