Opportunity ID 17197
Language Requirement Not Required
No. of Opportunity 7
Position Title: Screeners for North Door Kabul Entry Point Kotal-e-Khirkhana
Employment type: Full-time
Job Location: Kabul
Functional area: Healthcare
Salary: As per organization’s salary scale
Vacancy number: 391
No of vacancies: 7
Organization: Organization of Human Welfare (OHW)
Years’ of experience: 3-4 years
Contract duration: Project-based
Date closed: 09 June 2020
The Organization of Human Welfare (OHW) is currently looking to hire seven screeners for its North Door Kabul Entry Point Kotal-e-Khairkhana screening team to carry out the screening of suspected travelers and COVID-19 patients during the coronavirus pandemic.
Key areas of Responsibility:
- Using Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) kit during the official screening time.
- Taking all precautionary measures during the formal time for the screening.
- Assessing all passengers and target beneficiaries for COVID-19 signs and symptoms.
- Checking every passenger and target recipient’s temperature by an infra-red thermometer.
- Providing a quick response to all suspected cases of COVID-19 and sending suspected cases to COVID-19 specialized hospital for further investigation.
- Developing good working relations with travelers to ensure access to and acceptance of services by the passengers.
- Ensuring accurate waste management at the screening centers to avoid environmental risks
- Providing proper record maintenance of the medical and non-medical supplies received, distributed, and existing at the screening canter regularly.
- Ensuring the right data entry of the services delivered into the reporting tools
- Ensuring referral of patients in need of further examination to COVID-19 specialized hospital.
- Graduated from a government registered health sciences institute
- minimum Three-four years of experience in the related field
3. Other competencies:
- Ability to work well under stress and meet deadlines
- Experience of and commitment to working through systems of community contribution and accountability
- Strong communication skills in Dari /Pashto languages.
- Tendency and flexibility to work in hard-to-reach and unsafe areas
Required skills and behaviors:
- Be accountable for making decisions, managing resources competently, achieving and role modeling the organization’s mission and values
- Holds the team accountable to do their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way possible, providing the necessary development to improve performance and taking appropriate measures when results are not achieved
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with the team, peers, stakeholders and supporters’ diversity and values
- Be approachable, good listener & friendly.
- Develop and promote new and innovative solutions
- Ready to take disciplined risks
- Be honest and encourage openness and transparency.
- Demonstrate the highest ethical standards
Interested and qualified Applicant candidates may send their cover letter with updated CVs to OHW’s HR department through the given email. Extra documents – degrees, certificates, etc. – should not be sent at this stage.
Note: Please clearly state the vacancy number and job title (North Door Kabul Entry Point Kotal-e Khirkhana 7 Screeners /391) in your email subject line. Otherwise, the applications will be rejected.
OHW will only contact shortlisted candidates for written test and/or an interview.
Submission email: Vacancies@ohw.org.af