Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
No. of Opportunity 6
Duration One Year
About IRC (International Rescue Committee):
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) battles the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people survive and remake their lives. Established in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the aid organization offers life-saving care and life-changing support to refugees forcefully fleeing from war or disaster. IRC is currently working in over 40 countries and it started its country program in Afghanistan in 1988.
Position Title: Environmental Health Site Engineer
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Locations: Laghman, Khost and Helmand
Contract duration: 12 months
Salary: NTA Grade (D) salary scale
Vacancy #: 065-21
Organization: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Years’ of experience: 2 years relevant
Date closed: 10 March 2021
The incumbents will work to:
- Monitor and control all field foremen and casual engineers for effective implementation of the EH projects.
- Prepare project implementation, procurement, and spending plans for the EH projects.
- Provide technical guidance to the development and implementation of assessments aimed at identifying WASH needs and gaps.
- Prepare and check the technical drawings, estimation and scope of work prepared by the Field Site engineers.
- Guide the selection of communities, schools, health facilities with relevant Govt departments and other stakeholders for WASH interventions.
- Prepare and submit bi-weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports of the EH projects.
- Organize field visits for the supervision of water supply, sanitation, and hygiene promotion activities at the field level.
- Supervise and undertake water quality tests for the water points constructed or rehabilitated by organizations at the community, health facilities, and schools’ level.
- Following up the procurement process with the supply chain team at the field and Kabul level.
- Hold meetings with CDCs, health facilities and school management shuras concerning the progress and quality of construction activities.
- Contribute to the preparation of Technical drawings, the scope of works, terms, and conditions for MSA and MPA tendering process relevant to WASH sectors.
- Asure that all WASH activities are completed within the allocated time, budget, and scope.
- Ensure that the team regularly updates the WASH online trackers for WASH activities.
- Participate in WASH Cluster meetings at provincial levels.
- Maintain good relationships with community CDCs, DOPH, DoEduc, DRRD, and DoRR relevant staff.
1. Qualifications and competencies:
- Hold a bachelor’s degree in civil, Water sanitation, environmental engineering; Geology, or any other relevant field of study
- Having minimum 2 years of relevant work experience in the WASH sector or construction industry.
- Experience with implementation of water, sanitation, and hygiene promotion activities.
- Experience in using software i.e., MS Office, AutoCAD, etc.
- Working experience with multiple projects at a time.
- Experience of managing staff at the field level.
- Willingness to travel to project implementation areas.
- Good knowledge of the social & cultural dynamics of the intervention area and is willing to work in hard-to-reach areas.
- Have the skills and ability to work within a team.
- Good written and spoken English and ability to Speak/understand/write the local languages.
Other IRC Jobs:
- 16 ‘Emergency Response Assistant’ Positions by IRC in Different Provinces
- 5 ‘Community Health Manager’ Positions by International Rescue Committee (IRC)
How to apply?
Qualified applicants should send their CV (not attaching educational documents or work experience certificates) to the following address of the IRC Office or alternatively send via the email address given below.
Note: Please mention the exact vacancy number, job title, and name of the chosen province otherwise it will be automatically disqualified from the evaluation process.
Add: Human Resource Department, IRC Afghanistan Country Office – Kabul
House 34, Street No.4 Taimani District 10, Close to Haji Mohammad Dad Mosque
Submission email: [email protected]
Note: Short-listed candidates will be contacted for a written test and interview within 2-4 weeks after the deadline.