Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
No. of Opportunity 54
Duration 3 Months
Rural Rehabilitation Association for Afghanistan (RRAA):
Rural Rehabilitation Association for Afghanistan (RRAA) a non-profit, non-governmental, and non-political NGO was founded in 1990. Through its four offices in Afghanistan, it provides humanitarian services in the sectors of WASH, Good governance, Emergency and Livelihood.
Position Title: Social Organizer
Job Location: Logar
Employment Type: Full-time
Functional area: Program
Vacancy #: RRAA/LOGAR/SO/004/2021
Salary: 15000 AFS
Organization: Rural Rehabilitation Association for Afghanistan
Working experience: One year
Contract duration: 3 months
Gender: Male and Female
Education: At least high school degree
Closing date: 22 February 2021
RRAA is hiring 54 Social Organizers for Logar province who will work to implement its project(s).
As part of RRAA’s Logar REACH Program team, the social organizer will be providing support to selected communities. The incumbents are responsible for the delivery of training to communities. Moreover, the social organizer will be in direct communication with CDCs and Ad-Hoc CDCs on-the-ground for the implementation project in close harmony with Mobilization & Training Officer and Package /Provincial Managers.
The position is based in Mohammad Agha, Charkh, Baraki Barak and Kharwar districts of Logar province with regular travels to all targeted communities.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Preparing and coordinating routine and weekly work plans with Mobilization & Training Officer, and Package/Provincial Managers.
- Executing the approved plans in the targeted communities.
- Raising awareness of communities (CDCs and Ad-hoc CDCs on REACH (Dastarkhan-e-MILI) program.
- Facilitating and assisting with the reformation of CDCs and Ad-hoc CDCs according to REACH manuals.
- Facilitating CDCs and Ad-hoc CDCs reactivation and registration.
- Helping CDCs ad Ad-hoc CDCs in opening bank accounts.
- Organizing required training for CDCs and Ad-hoc CDCs members.
- Raising awareness of CDCs about Covid-19 and reinforcing key health messages.
- Assisting CDCs and youth with collecting basic REACH-related community profiles.
- Helping communities to identify which household from the community list will be excluded from the REACH Relief Package distribution.
- Assisting CDC and other key actors in planning the distribution events.
- Supporting CPM committee to oversee the process and address grievances.
- Training the CDCs in REACH basic community procurement for an in-kind relief package.
- Support CDCs in the withdrawal of REACH relief fund installments.
- Monitoring the distribution process under the REACH package.
- Providing and submitting all original documents related to the REACH program to PMU.
- 1 year of experience with NGOs in an emergency, in the implementation of development projects or/and programs
- At least High School degree- higher degrees will be preferred;
- Ability to conduct and deliver training to communities.
- Be able to travel within communities in all 4 targeted areas.
- Be able to speak and write in Dari and Pashto
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Problem-solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure and overtime.
How to apply?
Interested candidates should submit their CVs with a cover letter before the deadline to the below emails. Please mention the vacancy number, position title and the district of your choice in the subject line of your email. Only the applicants from Logar province meeting job requirements will be contacted.
Submission Email: [email protected]