Language Requirement Not Required
No. of Opportunity 35
Fields of study Aerospace Engineering & Space Sciences
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Language of Instruction English
Applications are now invited for the fellowship by Zonta International. Annually, the Fellowship is awarded to nearly 35 women pursuing Ph.D. degrees in aerospace engineering and space sciences. The fellowship may be taken at any university or college delivering recognized post-graduate courses and degrees in these fields. Also, this fellowship aims to expand the opportunities for women in aerospace engineering and space sciences.
Application deadline: 15 November 2021
Awarding institution: ZONTA INTERNATIONAL
Number of fellowships: 35
Location: Different Countries
Fields of research: Aerospace Engineering and Space Science
Fellowship value: US$10,000
Why this fellowship?
Worldwide, women constitute around 25 percent of the workforce in the aerospace industry. In a stride to accomplish its mission that women find access to all resources and enjoy representation in decision-making positions on an equal basis with men, Zonta International offers the 2022 Amelia Earhart Fellowship for outstanding women researchers in the fields of aerospace engineering and space sciences.
Amelia Earhart Fellowships receive generous support from the Zonta International Foundation Amelia Earhart Fellowship Fund.
It covers expenses such as tuitions, books, living expenses, supplies, and required equipment for the program.
- Women of any citizenship pursuing a full-time Ph.D./doctoral degree who demonstrate an excellent academic record conducting research applied to aerospace engineering or space sciences are welcome to apply.
- Being registered in a full-time Ph.D. program, having completed at least one year of that program, or having earned a master’s degree in an aerospace-applied field at the time the application is imperative for applying for the fellowship.
- Provide proofs of a well-defined research program applied to the research areas within fellowship through application essays (details available below).
- Candidates must not graduate from their Ph.D. program before April 2023.
- Please bear in mind that post-doctoral research programs are not qualified for the Fellowship.
Evaluation and selection process
First, the Zonta International Emelia Earhart Fellowship Committee assesses the applications and recommends the recipients to the Zonta International Board. Then, the board evaluates all applications based on the criteria stated above.
How to apply?
Applicants may apply by completing and submitting the application in English using the online application form linked below.
For a list of required documents, click here.
For more information, visit the 2022 Emelia Earhart Fellowship.