Language Requirement Not Required
Fields of study Law And Social Sciences
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Duration 2 Years
Weatherhead Center for International Affairs at the Harvard Academy for International and Area Studies, Harvard University offers a two-year, in-residence postdoctoral fellowship in the Social Sciences or Law.
This program seeks and supports exceptional scholars at the beginning of their careers whose work integrates disciplinary excellence into the social sciences or law with a knowledge of the language and history or culture of countries or regions other than the United States or Canada. Their scholarship may explain domestic, comparative, or transnational issues, past or present.
The Academy Academics include a group of individuals with creativity, initiative, diligence, and originality whose work in cultures or regions, as mentioned above, delivers promise as a groundwork for excellent careers in major universities or international institutions.
Application deadline: 1 October 2020 (11:59 EST)
University: Harvard University, Academy for International and Area Studies
Duration: Two years
Number of awards: Four to six
Fields: Social Sciences & Law
Benefits of the program
- Postdoctoral Academy Scholars will gain an annual stipend of $70,000.
- If chosen before earning the Ph.D., the Scholars will receive a yearly stipend of $31,000 until h/she receives the Ph.D.
- This stipend is supplemented by funding for conference and research travel, research assistance, and health insurance coverage.
- The scholars acquire accessory training in their chosen fields and areas.
- And, the Senior Scholars at Harvard University faculty members, act as mentors to the Academy Scholars to help them attain their intellectual potential.
- The program is open only to recent Ph.D. (or comparable professional school degree) awardees and doctoral applicants in the social sciences or law.
- Applications are, regardless of any considerations, welcome from qualified individuals from any nationality.
- Those still studying a Ph.D. should have completed their routine training and be the process of writing their theses before applying to become Academy Scholars.
- In case you have completed a Ph.D. program, the Ph.D. completion date must be within three years of the above-mentioned application deadline (you must have completed your Ph.D. or equivalent after September 30, 2017).
The Selection Committee considers all applicants in a single applicant pool.
How to apply?
Applicants should submit their applications online through the Apply Now link given below and before 1 October.
What your completed application will include:
- Cover letter briefly stating the applicant’s academic discipline, country or region of specialization, and proposed research subject;
- Curriculum vitae (CV); including the list of academic publications
- Research proposal (2500 word max.); including intellectual goals and planned methodological and disciplinary work
- A copy of your Ph.D. program transcript
- Three letters of recommendation (you should upload via the online application)
Letters should be addressed to the “Selection Committee” and be uploaded by the deadline of October 1.
Note1: All parts of the application are submitted online as pdf documents.
Note2: The academy asks no copies of published papers or abstracts as part of our application process. So, do not include them in your application.
If you have queries regarding the application, contact [email protected].
For more details of the program, visit Academy Scholars Program, HU.