Language Requirement TOEFLIELTSPTE AcademicCambridge qualification
Fields of study All
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Duration 4 Years
Language of Instruction English
About the scholarship
Applications for Foundation for Education Scholarships, Soka University are now open. Soka University runs a scholarship system for international students enrolled in the various schools of the university in order to minimize their financial burden and help them achieve their academic goals. The university is now inviting applications from international students for its 2020/21 intake.
Application Period: September 15 – October 15, 2020 (all documents must arrive by the deadline).
Notification of Results: December 7, 2020
Host University: Soka University
Scholarship Type: Tuition award
Scholarship Level: Undergraduate
Fields of Study: Various fields offered
Duration: 4 years
Open to: International Students
This scholarship covers full tuition fees ranging between JPY 30,000 to JPY 50,000 per month (the tuition amount varies depending on the applicants’ GPA for the selected program).
The scholarship is offered to students who meet the following requirements.
- International students who are enrolled in the Undergraduate Program of Soka University. And, candidates who exhibit outstanding academic performance and good character, and who are undergoing difficulty to continue enrollment because of financial difficulty;
- Candidates who have completed or are scheduled to complete a 12-year school education outside of Japan;
- An individual who has completed or is scheduled to complete the relevant high school courses stipulated in the School Education Act of Japan;
- Among those who have studied overseas and the curriculum is less than 12 years or eligible to attend a university in their respective countries can apply;
- Students graduating from international schools in Japan may also be eligible to apply.
All applicants must have a GPA ranging from 2.2 to 3.5 or above to be enrolled in SU programs.
- Applicants should provide certificates of language proficiency in any of the internationally recognized tests such as TOEFL, IELTS, and ACT, SAT, etc. (these requirements differ depending upon the specific course).
- The scholarships are in the form of a grant, not a loan needing repayment.
Selection is made through document screening. Within the screening process, applicants who meet the admissions criteria based on a comprehensive evaluation process will be granted admission.
How to apply?
The application for Soka University Scholarships for international students takes place after the students’ enrolment in the university programs. Therefore, for the incoming international students, the procedures are explained after enrollment at the scholarship orientation and the final application is submitted online.
Required documents for applying differ by department. So, carefully read the “List of Required Documents” in the table before applying. Furthermore, the university only accepts documents in Japanese or English. If the documents are in any other language, attach a translation.
For more details about the scholarship (including available courses and faculties, tuition fee amount, available admission capacity, and specific language requirements) visit Soka University Foundation for Education Scholarships.
Should you seek further inquiries, contact the university through:
International Affairs Office, Admissions Section
Mail: [email protected]