Opportunity ID 4812
Deadline: November 20, 2018 , 23:59 Kabul time
If you are a junior faculty member at an Afghan University, you can apply to a 10 week development program in India. This program is hosted by an American university and provides scholarships covering all the expenses. The main purpose of this program is increase mutual understanding between the US and Afghanistan people.
Duration of the program: 10 week ( January – March 2019)
Benefits of AJFDP :
This program will provide ten week professional development program including 8 week of academic program , one week intensive English seminar, professional seminars
The program cover the following:
- Health insurance
- Books and study materials
- Travel costs
Who is eligible for AJFDP?
- Be an Afghan citizen and living inside Afghanistan
- Be currently employed as a fulltime junior faculty member at a public or private institute of higher education in Afghanistan in one of fields of public administration and Law.
- have no less than one year and no more than 5 years teaching experience
- have at least a bachelor’s degree (4 years )
- be interested to continue teaching at the university level
- have advance knowledge of English language. Valid TOEFL iBT score holders will be given the priority
- return back to Afghanistan
- Afghan citizens currently not living in Afghanistan , dual citizens and US citizens, afghans with pending application for immigration to any country and US employees are not eligible for this program .
- Three recommendation letters
- Academic transcripts
- Letter of contentment of the faculty dean
- CV or Resume
Applicants can apply following the steps below:
- Download the instruction and application form,
- Read the instruction and Check the eligibility and requirement
- Fill the application form completely, sign the instruction page
- Collect all the documents scan in one PDF file
- Send the complete application as one single pdf file to the submission email below before the deadline.
Submission email: KabulJFDP@state.gov
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview.
The final result notification will be done at early December 2018