Opportunity ID 173247
No. of Opportunity 20
Terre Des Hommes (Tdh) is a Swiss child welfare foundation that provides assistance and protection to vulnerable populations around the world. This organization recruits 20 Animators/Educators to identify the most vulnerable children for Non-formal education and PSS activities according to the predefined selection criteria, with the collaboration of social work and carry recreational, Psychosocial, and non-formal education activities with Children.
- Closing date: March 25, 2022
- Reference number: Tdh-019-2022
- Employment Type: Full time
- Nationality: Afghan
- Number of jobs; 20
- Duration: 8 months
- Probation: 3 months
- Experience: 3 years
- Languages: Dari, Pashto
- Education: High school
- Location: Nangarhar, Laghman
- Identification of the outdoor and indoor games for all categories of children and adolescents properly.
- Taking part into procure good quality materials relevant to PSS and non-formal educational activities.
- Identify The Child-Friendly Spaces within the communities with the close collaboration of community volunteers based on Tdh CFSs selection criteria.
- Identify proper and secure places with close coordination of social workers and community elders to organize PSS activities.
- Regularly visit the targeted villages to conduct PSS
- Building the capacity to raise awareness on child’s rights, child protection issues and COVID-19 pandemic.
- Designing and implementing recreational and psychosocial support (PSS) activities, actively involving children and adolescents (with a strong focus on child’s specific needs and vulnerabilities)
- Ensuring that children get all essential support during the activities and that rules and discipline are set up in a positive and constructive way
- Preparing activities plan/schedule and arranging materials required for the activities on regular bases.
- Collection of information (attendance sheets, questionnaires, etc.) and reporting the identified cases of children with specific needs/extremely vulnerable children are referred to the social workers
- Keeping regular recording of the lessons learned and Success case stories and reporting them to the regional manager or Project Assistant to be considered in the donor reporting.
- Arranging PSS training for Community volunteers with preparing all needed training materials.
- Attending all required internal and external training and meetings properly.
- Reporting weekly to the line manager on the progress of his/her activities.
- Performing any other identical duty as assigned by line supervisor
- Warmly receive children when they come to the activities
- Ensuring to have enough recreational, educational materials at the CFSs and create local materials for smooth and adopted approach for PSS, educational activities with children.
- Be careful not to offend any child in the course of your work (do no harm)
- Data collection and maintenance of records on the children database and shared with Data clerk.
- “Animation: Organize the children by age groups and implement the activities according to their needs:
- Activities with a psychosocial aim, which includes organized and free games and sports,
- Expressive activities, i.e. small group discussions on children’s concerns (in collaboration with the Social Workers),
- Ensure the confidentiality of the data.
- Preparation of the children to be integrated into formal schools already registered in CFSs whose age is from 7 to 13 years.
Child Protection: Use observation skills to detect any behavioral changes or specific vulnerability in children that may be a reason for concern and share these observations with the immediate supervisor and social workers team at joint weekly staff meetings to determine appropriate responses.
Ensure that all child protection related activities are in line with child protection minimum relevant standards and enhance program/activities based on CPMS.
Safeguarding Policy (Global Code of Conduct)
Undertake to adhere to the Terre des hommes safeguarding policy and the principles connected to children’s rights
Undertake to ensure the best possible practical implementation of the safeguarding policy (Global Code of conduct) and the management of operational risks in his/her area of intervention and within his/her team.
Safety & Security
Strictly follow Tdh security policy and regional security plan.
Qualification and competences
- Have Minimum High school certificate, preference will be given to Bachelor
- At least 3 years work experience in a related field
- Ability to Manage time and priorities, and meet deadlines
- Cooperates and contributes to achieving goals
- Supports and advises colleagues
- Adapts communication to the intercultural environment
- Respect for others
- Well aware of the community of good and bad practices including the context of working and adopting oneself to the community norms.
- Experience in applying Behavior Change Communication models.
- Fluency in oral and written communication in Pashto, Dari, including representation, liaison and negotiation skills.
- Previous experience in Terre Des Homes, or other international NGOs are an asset
How to apply?
Applicants should apply online using the link below