Opportunity ID 14521
About Human Rights and Eradication of Violence Organization (HREVO):
HREVO was founded in 2009 by a group of dedicated individuals consisting of lawyers, human rights, and civil society activists and advocate academics and development professionals all of whom have been involved in different areas of non-governmental work in the last decade. The organization has implemented scores of various projects in the areas of advocacy, rule of law, civic education, justice accessibility, youth-participation, peacebuilding, and research. It has a committed network of 386 partner and donor organizations as well as individuals.
Position Title: Field Researcher
Job locations: Kabul, Nangarhar, Bamyan, Nooristan, Badakhshan, Balkh, Ghor, Jawzjan, Nimroz
Employment type: Full-time Nationality: Afghan
Category: Research/Survey Vacancy number: 000
Contract duration: 2 months Extension possibility: No
Salary: As per company’s salary scale Organization: HREVO
No of vacancies: 18
Years’ of experience: 2 years
Closing date: May 22, 2020 (midnight Kabul time)
The overall purpose of this proposed project is to contribute to raising the voices, demands, and worries for a comprehensive peace and reconciliation of marginalized minorities in the political transition in Afghanistan. The current political instability and increasing security challenges strongly require the inclusion of underprivileged minorities. Therefore, this project aims to incorporate the voices and demands of minority communities into peace negotiations expected to get underway through collecting information and views of those belonging to these communities.
Summary of job
The hired field researcher will be in charge of gathering research data through organizing semi-structured interviews, focus group discussions, and surveys. The researchers will also provide information about the project and explain the main objectives of the research to the respondents.
Duties and responsibilities:
The field researchers will work under the instruction and supervision of the Research Manager. Specific responsibilities include:
- Traveling to regional and/or provincial sites and collecting data via semi-structured interviews, focus group discussions, and surveys.
- Preparing or helping with the development of interview schedules; identifying and contacting potential respondents, introducing the research project and background to participants, and obtaining an informed permit to participate in the research.
- Presenting research background in consultative conferences, organizing and leading group activities, and recording group work outputs.
- Transcribing and merging research data and entering the data in an online database or other predefined formats.
- Reviewing and editing data to ensure comprehensiveness and precision of information; tracking with respondents to solve problems or clarify data collected.
- Coordinating with and reporting to the research coordinator on research progress and other issues related to research conduct on a daily basis.
- Submitting weekly reports on research improvement, challenges, and conduct, and also personal observations from the research
How to apply?
Qualified interested applicants may apply by sending their applications to the given email address below.
Please include a motivation letter and an extensive Resume in English, including the contact information of at least three professional references in your application.
Please clearly indicate the position title and province of your choice in the subject line of the email (Position Title-Province-Vacancy number).
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted.
- Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
- Female applicants and applicants form the minority ethnic groups settling in Afghanistan are strongly encouraged to apply.
Submission email: email@example.com