Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
No. of Opportunity 15
Duration One Year
About Afghan Family Guidance Association (AFGA):
Afghan Family Guidance Association (AFGA) is an Afghan non-governmental, non-profit and non-political organization founded in 1968. AFGA has been operating in the field of Reproductive Health and Rights since its establishment and has recently become an associate member of the International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF).
Position Title: Outreach Midwife
Job Location: Samangan
Employment Type: Full-time
Salary: According to the organization’s salary scale
Vacancy #: HR1050-IPPF-AFGA/25
Organization: Afghan Family Guidance Association (AFGA)
Years’ of experience: Three years relevant
Contract duration: 1 year Extendable
Closing date: 28 February 2021
AFGA is hiring 15 female Outreach Midwives who will work in the framework of the organization’s project in Samangan province.
Duties of responsibilities of the position holders include:
- Delivering counseling and quality Sexual and Reproductive Health services including family planning, HIV/AIDS, STI, post-abortion counselling, cervical and breast cancer counselling, etc.
- Delivering appropriate supervision and advanced care to women during pregnancy, labor and the postpartum period.
- Performing deliveries on her own and taking care of the mother and newborn babies at the community level.
- According to the principles of basic emergency obstetric care, manage complications in pregnancy and childbirth.
- Considering IP measures during the deliveries & organizing standard ANC/PNC visits to targeted areas.
- Consulting and educating women, family and community in areas pertaining to Health including mother and newborn health.
- Managing Eclampsia and Preeclampsia (screening, treatment and referrals).
- Managing PPH by the distribution of Misoprostol.
- Offering postpartum family planning counselling and services.
- Referring to postpartum complications when needed.
- Conducting screening of the pregnant women for dangerous signs of pregnancy.
- Delivering comprehensive counselling for all FP methods.
- Providing short-term family planning methods to the clients.
- Developing an effective referral system for long-run family planning methods.
- Conducting the PNC visit in 48 hours after delivery and providing them the necessary Family planning method.
- Providing information and education on Self-care.
- Preparing enabling environment for a comprehensive referral pathway in case of any complication in delivery.
- Consulting and screening the clients for FBV services and a strong referral system.
- Raising awareness among the women during their household visits and social assemblies to increase demand for services.
- Providing instant newborn care focusing on airway, warmth and breastfeeding.
- Delivering r emergency measures for newborn resuscitation.
- Providing daily newborn care, including physical examination, taking care of the umbilical cord, immunization, etc.
- Performing administrative tasks such as patient caring, recording and reporting of data and coordination of specific educational or outreach programs.
- Attending monthly and quarterly meetings to reflect on challenges and solutions.
Qualification & experience:
- At least hold a diploma in midwifery from institutes (2 years)
- Bachelor of Midwifery Faculty is preferable.
- At least 3 years of related working experience.
- Fluency of local languages and Basic understanding of the English language.
- Good knowledge of computers and technology.
- Good knowledge of counselling skills.
Sound communication skills and ability to interact successfully with community and clients.
How to apply for these positions?
To apply, qualified candidates should send their updated CV and cover letter through the following email address before the deadline.
Plus, they should mention the vacancy number and job title in the subject line of their email.
Submission email: [email protected]