Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
No. of Opportunity 15
Duration 1 Year
About Afghan Family Guidance Association (AFGA):
Afghan Family Guidance Association (AFGA) is an Afghan non-governmental, non-profit and non-political organization founded in 1968. AFGA has been operating in the field of Reproductive Health and Rights since its establishment.
Position Title: Outreach Midwife
Job Location: Balkh
Employment Type: Full-time
Salary: According to the organization’s salary scale
Vacancy #: HR1045-IPPF-AFGA/22
Organization: Afghan Family Guidance Association (AFGA)
Years’ of experience: Three years relevant
Contract duration: 1 year Extendable
Closing date: 28 February 2021
AFGA is looking for 15 female outreach midwives who will work under the organization’s project in Balkh province.
The OUTREACH MIDWIVES WILL BE IN CHARGE OF:
- Providing counseling and quality Sexual and Reproductive Health services including family planning, HIV/AIDS, STI, post Abortion counseling, cervical and breast cancer counseling etc.
- Delivering appropriate supervision and advanced care to women during pregnancy, labor, and the postpartum period.
- Conduct deliveries on her own and take care of the mother and newborn babies at the community level.
- According to the principles of basic emergency obstetric care, manage complications in pregnancy and childbirth,.
- Considering IP measures during the deliveries & organizing standard ANC/PNC visits in targeted areas.
- Consulting and educating women, family and community in areas pertaining to Health including mother and newborn health.
- Managing Eclampsia and Preeclampsia (screening, treatment and referrals).
- Managing PPH by distributing Misoprostol.
- Offering postpartum family planning counseling and services.
- Referring to postpartum complications when necessary.
- Conducting screening of the pregnant women for dangerous signs of pregnancy.
- Conducting comprehensive counseling for all FP methods.
- Providing short-term family planning methods to the clients.
- Developing an effective referral system for long-run family planning methods.
- Conducting the PNC visit in 48 hours after delivery and providing them the necessary Family planning method.
- Giving information and education on Self-care.
- Preparing enabling environment for a comprehensive referral pathway in the case of any complication in delivery.
- Counseling and screening the clients for FBV services and a strong referral system.
- Raising awareness among the women during their household visits and social assemblies to increase demand for services.
- Providing immediate newborn care focusing on airway, warmth and breastfeeding.
- Delivering r emergency measures for newborn resuscitation.
- Providing routine newborn care, including physical examination, taking care of the umbilical cord, immunization, etc.
- Perform administrative duties such as patient caring, recording and reporting of data and coordination of specific educational or outreach programs.
- Taking part in monthly and quarterly meetings to reflect on challenges and solutions.
Education and experience:
- At least diploma in midwifery from institutes (2 years)
- Bachelor of Midwifery Faculty is desirable.
- At least 3 years of relevant working experience.
- Fluency of local languages and Basic understanding of the English language.
- Good knowledge of computers and Technology.
- Good knowledge of counseling skills.
Sound communication skills and ability to interact successfully with community and clients.
How to apply for the existing positions?
Eligible and prospective candidates should send their updated CV and cover letter through the email address below.
Please don’t forget to mention the vacancy number and job title in the subject line of your email.
Submission email: [email protected]
Also, apply for the: