Language Requirement TOEFLIELTS
No. of Opportunity 140
Fields of study Different
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Duration 1 2 Years
Language of Instruction English
Opportunity ID 106439
Overview of the scholarship
Applications for the ADB-Japan Scholarship Program are now open. ADB offers 140 postgraduate fully-funded scholarships to deserving individuals basically from its developing member countries to undertake postgraduate studies with the help of a Scholarship Program which began in 1988 with funding from the Government of Japan. If you are interested in studying in a renowned regional university with full funding, this is the right opportunity to grab.
Application deadline: 31 March 2021
Scholarship administrator: Asian Development Bank (ADB)
Hosts institutions: 20 well-known institutions in the Asia & Pacific region.
List of Academic Institutions and study Locations
- University of Hong Kong Hong Kong, China
- Indian Institute of Technology Delhi New Delhi, India
- Hitotsubashi University
- School of International and Public Policy Tokyo, Japan
- International University of Japan Niigata, Japan
- Keio University
- International Graduate Programs on Advanced Science and Technology
- Graduate School of Economics
- Graduate School of System Design and Management Yokohama, Japan
- Kobe University
- Graduate School of International Cooperation Studies Kobe, Japan
- Kyoto University Kyoto, Japan
- Kyushu University
- Graduate School of Bioresource and Bioenvironmental Sciences
- Graduate School of Law Fukuoka, Japan
- Nagoya University
- Graduate School of International Development Nagoya, Japan
- National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies
- (formerly Graduate School of Policy Science, Saitama University) Tokyo, Japan
- Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University
- Graduate School of Asia Pacific Studies Oita, Japan
- Ritsumeikan University
- Graduate School of Economics Kyoto, Japan
- Saitama University
- Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering Saitama, Japan
- Tokyo Institute of Technology Tokyo, Japan
- United Nations University Institute for the Advanced Study of Sustainability Tokyo, Japan
- The University of Tokyo
- Department of Civil Engineering
- Department of Urban Engineering
- Graduate School of Public Policy
- Division of Environmental Studies
- School of International Health Tokyo, Japan
- Tsukuba University
- Graduate School of Humanities and Social Sciences Ibaraki, Japan
- University of Auckland Auckland, New Zealand
- Lahore University of Management Sciences Lahore, Pakistan
- Asian Institute of Management Manila, Philippines
- International Rice Research Institute
- University of the Philippines, Los Banos Laguna, Philippines
- National University of Singapore Singapore
- Asian Institute of Thailand Bangkok, Thailand
- Thammasat University Bangkok, Thailand
- East-West Center, University of Hawaii Hawaii, USA
Location: Multi-countries (9 countries)
Duration: One to two years
Fields of study:
- natural resource management
- science and technology
- other development-related fields
Each scholarship covers:
- Tuition fees
- subsistence and accommodation allowances
- book allowance
- medical insurance,
- Travel expenses.
- For students engaged in research, a thesis/research allowance is provided to assist in fieldwork and thesis preparation.
- In special cases, where additional training is necessary, expenditures incurred to improve language proficiency and computer literacy may be covered under the scholarship.
To be eligible, applicants should fulfill the following criteria:
- Be a national of a developing member country of ADB who has been admitted to an approved postgraduate course in any participating academic institutions.
- Women applicants and individuals who have poor financial access to higher education are especially welcome to apply.
- Candidates should possess a minimum of two years of full-time professional working experience and be physically fit.
- Should not be more than 35 years old at the time of application.
- They are expected to return to their home country upon completion of the study.
- Executive Directors, Alternate Directors, management and staff of ADB, consultants, and families of the aforementioned are ineligible for the Scholarships.
- Staff of partaking academic institutions do not qualify to apply for the Scholarships.
You may also apply to other ADB scholarships
- Asian Development Bank-Japan Scholarship Program (ADB-JSP) at Asian Institute of Technology
- Asian Development Bank Scholarship at National University of Singapore (MBA)
How to apply?
To apply for this program, interested candidates should request for the application form of the institution to which they wish to apply, submit the duly completed applications form/information sheet along with all required documents to directly to the (institution) at least six months before the commencement of the intake at the institution you wish to join. No separate application to ABD is needed.
The deadline for individual participating institutions differs, so applicants need to check them separately.
Note: Applicants must make sure that they submit precise and complete documentation.
- Updated Curriculum Vitae
- Official Grade Transcript
- Letter of Recommendation from an expert of the same research area.
- ADB-JSP Application form/Information Sheet
- Evidence of family and personal income
Visit the website of Asian Development Bank for more detailed information especially regarding the application guidelines.