Opportunity ID 53718
Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
No. of Opportunity 10
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
About Concern Worldwide- Afghanistan:
Concern Worldwide is a non-governmental, international, charitable organization working towards the reduction of suffering and the ultimate eradication of extreme poverty in the world’s poorest countries. Also, Concern has been working in Afghanistan since 1998.
Position Title: Community Development Facilitator
Job Location: Kunduz (Khanabad & Aliabad Districts)
Employment Type: Full-time
Vacancy Number: 575/2020
No of Positions: 10
Organization: Concern Worldwide- Afghanistan
Working experience: At least three years’ experience with community work
Contract duration: Fixed-term
Closing date: Sept 3, 2020
Concern Worldwide- Afghanistan is recruiting 10 Community Development Facilitators will work in Kunduz province of Afghanistan in the wake of implementing the project of the organization. You can apply for these positions if you are interested and eligible.
The incumbent will support the needs of Concern community development activities and its community organizing processes within the target communities making sure that the Concern programs are implemented in accordance with Concern policies and PCMS.
Role and Responsibilities:
• Assist with community CDC/CDMC committee members to determine needs and generate solutions; specify and prioritize issues and analyze problems using PRA tools
• encourage community CDC/CDMC committee members to arrange action aimed at solving their problems and to plan, implement and supervise action that they define themselves.
• conduct regular meetings (monthly, bi-monthly, etc) with the community for planning and execution of project activities.
• Coordinate with the project WASH Officer and M&E Officer for the organization of capacity building and or project activities
• Encourage full participation by all community/CDC/CDMC committee members; paying special attention to those who are usually forgotten, marginalized and overlooked in community/CDMC/committee decision making
• Use participatory approaches and in cooperation with community members recognize susceptible and extremely poor people within the community according to Concern’s criteria
- Conduct COVID-19 awareness raising campaigns to community on prevention measures
• arrange distribution of winterization packages to the identified targeted community members.
• assure relevant project information is communicated to the right holders in a timely and appropriate manner
• Raise awareness of the community that they can help each other take the community out of vulnerability/Risk, and to show them ways they can do this for themselves
• Assist the community with gaining information and knowledge about the project intervention outreach programmes
• Assist with the determination of vulnerable community members for the winterization assistance
• Develop trust, tolerance and co-operation among community and community leaders
• Intervenes in disputes between community members and help in resoling them, reconcile differences, or reach mutually satisfying agreements by taking a neutral stance between the interested parties.
• Enable the community leaders and CDC to explore new ways and means to find solutions to their needs and problems.
• In collaboration with the project technical staff, design innovative approaches in drawing out learnings and practices participatory action research topic
• Provide community information on Community Compliant and Feedback Mechanisms.
Monitoring and Reporting:
• Collect and maintain all village-specific data and information and share this with the project M&E officer.
• Ensure frequent monitoring of all project activities in the given villages and according to agreed plans and systems (indicators, formants, intervals etc.)
• arrange participatory monitoring visits with governmental line agencies together with community level stakeholders
• Ensure regular data gathering on each agreed indicators and reported through reports as per organizational and donor needs.
• Develop and submit monthly work plans and report to line Manager
Compliance to Concern Code of Conduct (CCoC):
• Ensure that staff and individuals engaged by Concern including partner organizations engaged in Concern programmes, regardless of location, where national or international, full or part time, advisors, interns, contractors or volunteers follow the Code at all times.
Qualification & Experience:
- At least High School graduate+ Experience or University Degree (Literature, Social Science, Law or relevant qualification)
- At least 3 years’ experience with the communities in remote villages related to national or international NGOs.
- Demonstrable ability in community work organization and mobilization enabling the community CDC/CDMC/committees to implement projects
- Experience working with poor, marginalized and disabled individuals
- Strong understanding of gender equality, equity and social justice
- Experience in designing and presenting trainings
- Expertise in applying PRA tools and approaches
- CDFs will be based in the district and will be working in distant villages that may carry some physical hardship and little relaxation
- The incumbents will be responsible to cover 10 villages depending on proximity and target population
- Will be staying in villages and work with the community
- Knowledge of Dari or any local languages will be an addition including English
- Training in community organizing/mobilization is an advantage
- Knowledge of basic IT tools particularly MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Competencies and Personal Qualities:
- Ability to work in team and in a multi-cultural atmosphere
- Diplomatic and sensitive to local culture, standards and practices
- Effective written and oral communication and understanding skills
- Ability to work independently with less supervision
- Proactive and initiative-driven
- High motivation and ability to adapt to changing needs of the community, project or situation
- Outstanding listening and facilitating skills
- Knowledge of other local languages i.e. Uzabeki, Turkmani, Pashtu is an advantage
- Superb documentation skills and ability to form documents in a systematic manner.
How to apply for these posts?
Applications should be written in English and show the applicants’ suitability for the job. A current Curriculum Vita and three referee’s reports should be included in the application. Applications should be submitted to Concern World Wide- Afghanistan offices in Taloqan, Takhar. And / or to any other field offices of Concern Faizabad, Yawan, Chahab , Shahr-e-Bazrg , Kundaz and Kabul (Shari now ,5th Street House 1117 Qala – e – Fatullah).
OR submit the application through this email address: email@example.com
Kundaz office Address: fifth district, Sari dowra, near Ghulam Rasool School, house # 1037
Subject line of the email must be (575/2020 DEC -CDF) or else your application may not be considered.
Note: The local applicants will be short listed only.
Submission email: firstname.lastname@example.org